Unit Attribute

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a question about the unit attributes (armored,light,mechanical)
Is it possible to create more of these?

I know how to change them in the text editor
Just wondering if you can add some of these

MissKerrigan

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
yes, open the data editor and open a new tab for attributes, there you can edit them and create new ones

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
GFreak, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's an attribute tab. I tried searching for it now but I couldn't find it.

Are you sure you're not mistaking it for Behaviors? Behaviors have an object type called Attribute. Although these attributes are not the ones she's asking for.

I don't know of a way to add custom unit attributes. Why do you need it? I assume there will be a work-around.

GFreak45

Reaction score
im pretty sure there was one, maybe im getting it mixxed up with behavior attributes, but im pretty sure under advanced data there was a behavior tab, if im correct, ill have to find it again when i get home

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I need 12 Unit Attributes in a game, but there are only 10:

1. armored
2. biological
3. mechanical
4. heroic
5. hover
6. psyonic
7. structure
8. light
9. massive
10. robotic

I need 2 more of this

And siretu, I'm no 'he'!

MissKerrigan

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Hmm, I dont know what its used for - but im assuming each unit has only one of those?
What you could do is combine two of them together - essentially creating a unique attribute, as if something requires biologicial only, and something requires armored only, then it wouldnt effect biologicial and armored together.

Or another crazy idea... Get a dialog box and cover it up, and put whatever you want in there, and have it change when you select a new unit.

Siretu

Reaction score
My bad, it's a habit. I really do know you're a girl by now.

Anyway, back to the issue. Why do you need 12 attributes, to show it when you select the unit or to classify it through triggers?

GFreak45

Reaction score
monstrous is correct, there are enough to have a rediculous ammount of combinations, just using the singles and 2 type combos you get 55, but you could also use 3 type 4 type all the way up to 9 then +1 for 10

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I need the following attributes:

1. Blue
2. Green
3. Red
4. Lightblue
5. Purple
6. Pink
7. Orange
8. Yellow
9. White
10. Immune Slow
11. Immune Confuse
12. Immune Instant Death

(Immune stun and Immune slow seems impossible to create so I forget these 2)

Anyway, so 12 attributes I need
If a unit has a blue color, I have to put it on attribute 1
If unit has an immune for slow, I have to put it on attribute 10

This are my 12 attributes Siretu

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Reaction score
Immune stun and immune slow is not impossible to create. Make a behavior called "Stun immunity" and a validator that checks if the unit does not have the behavior and add the validator to your stun. Do the same thing for slow.

Back to you current issue: You still haven't told me WHY you need your list with things to be in unit attributes. Why do you want to have them as a unit attribute?

Is it to show it below the unit's stats? Or is it to use it as a classification check somewhere?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Alright I try explain more detailed,

I need this attributes because specific units can do specific damage to this attributes
For example, the green creeps in game have the attribute 'green'
So if I go to the weapons I can put the damage to:

vs Green: 9

the same I can do with blue and other colors
Thats why I need unit attributes I guess

The same I do with immunities
For the poison ability I use a queen 10% to poison targeted unit
So I put an effect 'poison damage':

vs immune poison: -5.9

So here I say, if the unit has the attribute 'immune poison' they wont take poison damage but only the shot of the queen

Now we go to the 'stun' behavoir, I just supress the movement for 3 game seconds
But because this is a behavoir, I can't create an immunity for it
Althought, there is a filter in the behavoir which isn't work
I create a unit attribute 'immune stun' and gave this attribute to the unit which are immune for stun
But in the behavoir 'stun' I filter targets 'dead, missile, self, and also IMMUNE STUN', but this seems not to work because the units still keep moving

Ok last, 'instant death', I create an effect 'instant death' just a damage which is 100.000
gave it 2% chance to a unit and for this one an Immunity is easy
I just put the 'instant death damage' to:

vs instant death: -99.999,9

And again, because this is an effect I can create an immunity for it
Well, at least I don't know how create immunities if the 'spell' is a behavoir

omg, hard to explain!!
I hope you understand

How do I create a validator??

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Reaction score
I am very certain you can not create more attributes for the thing you're describing.

I would recommend doing the following. You have your 9 different colors. They are your unit attributes. So you can have red units, blue units etc.

Do you know how to create validators now?(Since I explained it in the other post) It will probably be necessary for this.

Just as with the stun, you create a "Poison immunity" behavior(make sure the behavior type is buff NOT attribute). If everything works properly, we want units with the poison immunity behavior to be immune to the poison effect.

You then create a validator, just as I explained here and do the exact same thing but check for the "Poison immunity" behavior instead.

For the stun behavior, I assume you have an effect somewhere? I guess you have a weapon with an "apply behavior" effect with a percentage chance of running that applies the stun behavior? Point is, there's an effect somewhere that adds the stun behavior. Add a similar validator to that effect as well.

Do you want the instant death to deal some damage to targets that are immune to instant death? If not, just do the same thing again. Add a "Instant death immunity" behavior and a validator that checks for it and add the validator to the damage effect.

If you do want it to deal damage, make another damage effect that deals however much damage you want it to deal to immune targets and also add a "set" effect. In the set effect, add both damage effects. Then in the weapon(or wherever it is) where you use the instand death damage effect, change it to use the set effect.

A set effect combines several effects. So if I have effect A and effect B and I want my weapon to run both of them, I make a set effect C and add them both to it and then I change my weapon to run effect C.

So now you made two damage effects added them in a set and use the set instead. Now add the validator and instant death immunity to the damage effect that deal 100.000 damage. This way, a normal unit will be hit by both damage effects and take a lot of damage, but a unit with instant death immunity will only take damage from one of the damage effects.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.