Unit collison?

worldofDeath

Reaction score
So I cant find a trigger that sets the units collison off. Any one have a trick to turn it off via trigger, im trying to set it up so that when a unit uses a spell his collison turns to none. Is it possible in SC2?

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
You need to apply a behavior. (Search for "behavior" in your trigger actions).

The behavior should have a duration - how long should the collision be turned off? - 0sec = infinite, I assume.
At the behavior you can set "suppress collision" at one of the fields. Yet I thought it was bugged, but it might be fixed in the meantime. I disable the movability using the same behavior to make the units able to be pushed up/down cliffs etc. Yet, this would be if pushed, not while walking etc.

worldofDeath

Reaction score

The behavior should have a duration - how long should the collision be turned off? - 0sec = infinite, I assume.
At the behavior you can set "suppress collision" at one of the fields. Yet I thought it was bugged, but it might be fixed in the meantime. I disable the movability using the same behavior to make the units able to be pushed up/down cliffs etc. Yet, this would be if pushed, not while walking etc.
Really so it cant be triggerd at all other then adding a behavior to the unit?

While casting the spell or as the effect of the spell?

At the start of the cast.

Arkless

Reaction score
Really so it cant be triggerd at all other then adding a behavior to the unit?

Now whats the difference between using a built in trigger function and an add behavior?

Simple answere, with the behavior you can do more! You can, for example, make it stackable so that you can add it multiple times and it wears off when all of em are removed (that's just one example).

Teach101

Reaction score

Where do you see collision at? None of the values under add behavior duration seem to have collision in the name? I used search and manually searched a few times...
Also, there is a add behavior and a add behavior duration, so I'm guessing the first would be the one you would use to make it permament.

Arkless

Reaction score
Create a buff => Modifications+ => Movement => Plane Delt => set all values to -1

(I guess that should do the trick, but I'm not sure and I cant test it right now)

Teach101

Reaction score
Create a buff => Modifications+ => Movement => Plane Delt => set all values to -1

(I guess that should do the trick, but I'm not sure and I cant test it right now)

gah, I don't even want to touch the object editor. It used to be so friendly... but now!~ Can't even find where to change the pitch angle of a unit in there, yet alone make a buff.

I'm also making things faster via triggers then I could with object editor for the other stuff. lolz. Like attaching a unit to a unit and giving it an attack. Xd

Arkless

Reaction score
I ment a behavior of the type "buff". (go to behaviours, right click "add object" or something like that)

Teach101

Reaction score
I ment a behavior of the type "buff". (go to behaviours, right click "add object" or something like that)

oh thank god, I thought you were refering to the buffs tutorial, which had alot of stuff to do. woo, saved me there. (Also almost ended me!)

Arkless

Reaction score
I've only got my laptop right now and whenever I start the editor I get a bluescreen. I reinstalled and stuff but nothing changes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.