Unit Count and Conversion Trigger help needed

azurespecter

Reaction score
I've tried reading through forums and guides to be able to do this myself, but I just can't figure this out.

I need a trigger that will count the number of a unit type (footman, for example) in region X owned by triggering unit player

Then the trigger needs to replace 50 footman in Region X with 1 knight in Region Y ...

And then the harder part ... any leftover units above a multiple of 50 need to turn into 1 knight with life = number of footman leftover

So if I brought 1 footman to Region Z (the trigger event), the trigger would count all footman in Region X. If there were 126 footman in Region X, those 126 footman would be removed and replaced by 3 knights at Region Y, 1 knight having 26 hit points.

Come to think of it, I may also need help with a trigger that converts a 26 hit point knight into 26 footman... But I may be able to figure that out on my own if somebody can please help me with the above trigger. I've tried looking at variables and hashtables but it's beyond my understanding.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Replace Trigger
    • Events
      • YOUR EVENTS
    • Conditions
      • YOUR CONDITIONS
    • Actions
      • Set temp_group = (Units in YOUR REGION X matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) == (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) == Footman)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • 'IF'-Conditions
          • (Number of units in temp_group) >= 50
        • 'THEN'-Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to ((Number of units in temp_group) / 50), do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set temp_point = (Center of YOUR REGION Y)
              • Unit - Create 1 Knight for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temp_point facing 90.00 degrees
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_point )
            • 'IF'-Conditions
              • ((Number of units in temp_group) mod 50) > 0
            • 'THEN'-Actions
              • Set temp_point = (Center of YOUR REGION Y)
              • Unit - Create 1 Knight for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temp_point facing 90.00 degrees
              • Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (Real(((Number of units in temp_group) mod 50)))
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_point )
            • 'ELSE'-Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
        • 'ELSE'-Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_temp_group )

If I understood you correctly this should be what you need.
If there are more than 50 footmen inside of a certain region owned by the same player they get replaced by a knight - if there are any additional footmen a second knight will be spawned and his hp are set to the amount of additional footmen.

EDIT:
after reading your question again it looks like i did misunderstand. well i fixed the trigger so it will place multiple knights and only adjust the health if there are remaining footmen above a multiple of 50

Kayoss666

Reaction score
i think this would be better cuz it takes into account if you have multiple things of 50.
Trigger:
  • convert
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Convert as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Footman
            • Then - Actions
              • Set footmencount = (footmencount + 1)
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to footmengroup
                • If - Conditions
                  • footmencount Equal to 50
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
                  • Set footmencount = 0
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in footmengroup and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from footmengroup
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Footman
            • Then - Actions
              • Set footmencount = (footmencount + 1)
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to footmengroup
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (Real(footmencount))
      • Set footmencount = 0
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in footmengroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from footmengroup
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_footmengroup )

jnZ

I
Reaction score
ah i alraedy fixed mine. i noticed i got his question wrong after posting. well seems like mine is still quiet a bit shorter. sorry for the trouble.

azurespecter

Reaction score
Thank you both very much! I am going with Kayoss666's version because I do plan on multiple groups of 50 being replaced. Thanks for taking the time to answer though.

I just had 1 other noob question though, I hope this isn't blatantly obvious. But those "set" lines (set footmencount = footmencount + 1), are those "set variable" actions? I don't know how to make those scripts and can't seem to find them in the trigger editor

jnZ

I
Reaction score
well the choice is yours but mine replaces groups of 50 aswell and is more efficient. so i would strongly suggest to use mine. but since you need the trigger you have to decide which one suits your needs best. be aware that kayoss666 trigger also has some leaks in it.

and yes its the set variable action. custom script is also a action almost at the top of the action context menu. if you never used custom scripts chances are that you are also not aware of leaks. you might want to google that for more information.

azurespecter

Reaction score
Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I'm putting your version into the editor now, and I'm having one trouble:

What should the variable type be for "temp_group" ? I'm not finding the correct trigger that allows for what you posted

jnZ

I
Reaction score
The type of temp_group it Unit Group. Just choose set variable, select temp_group and set it to "units in region matching condition"
I never used a custom script in a condition since thats not possible.

All my conditions are regular integer comparisons.
The first one is 'count units in unit group' and the second one is 'Maths - Modulo' + 'count units in unit group'

BTW if you get confused by the '==' '>' and '>=' in the editor they should read as 'equal to' 'greater than' and 'greater than or equal to'

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.