Unit Desync

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Ok, I have a question. When does hiding a unit actually desync?

So, say I have a unit. I hide it for all players but Player 1 (Red). It has invulnerability and doesn't move nor does it have pathing. (movement and attacks disabled) A standard dummy unit, except without locust. Would this desync ever if only Player 1 is the person interacting with it? When would it desync if so?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, my first spontaneous question is, what would you need such a dummy for ?!

It wouldn't be able to do anything...

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
In a really controlled environment it shouldn't desycn, but you have to figure each cases. (visibility radius, collision , GroupEnum... , EnterRegion event fire, etc ...)

For example i have already successfully given a different position for the same unit for several players, but ofc it desync in many cases, when the unit is targeted, when an unit move near it and the collision does matter, and so one.

What do you want to do exactly ?

mapguy

Reaction score
I'm curious...

If I do this:
Code:
Hide triggering unit
Pause triggering unit
Move triggering unit to X_Point
Make triggering unit invulnerable

Does this cause a Desync?

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Hide won't cause desync, the rest will.
Hide can cause a desycn if the unit was attacked or something like that.

As long you don't create a location locally, moving the unit by itself won't desync, it will if it fires a trigger with an event enter/leave region or unit enter in range X, and ofc with many other things, not only related to events but gameplay interaction.
I've already did it.

For pause, maybe it will since the unit will receive the order 851973, if it wasn't already stunned/paused.
And ofc it will if the unit had an order.

For the invulnerability thing i suppose it will because you add an ability locally.
Hmm, this last thing is interesting, can we add an ability on an unit only for a player without an instant desync ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.