Unit editor

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No. The object editor of SC2 is totally different and WAY more complicated than the WC3 one. However, it's also ultimately more powerful.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Warning:Trying to understand The new object editor will cause your head to explode.

Advice D.

Reaction score
The aim of the new Data Editor was to all but make triggered abilities obsolete. Search around for some tutorials like this one, and just play around with it and experiment until you get a feel for it. It has a really steep learning curve, but once you get over it it's quite easy to use.

punwisp

Reaction score
I think it would have been more easier for the rest of us, if the design of the editor was very similar to Wc3's design, just add a shit load more features and data crap. Then atleast its like *Hey! I still kinda know my way around*

What did they do? Lawl the very opposite :p, they totally redesigned the style, renamed everything, throwing everything about a unit in various categories, while adding a LOT new data, while also redesigning old ones. So unless someone was pretty knowledgable in some types of coding. We wc3 data people will be complete noobs with heads that will explode on looking at this data.

I still can't find the gas/mineral pricing for a unit such as Marine Lol

punwisp

Reaction score
Lmao

I made the assumption that its probably its price, but it didn't quite make sense to me, Repair?

Well thank you :p

Now that I can edit how much minerals carry and how much a worker can take from it, and I can edit a units HP, I now know its price...

Now to do a complicated process that was simple couple clicks... Making a new unit...

I wanted to make a marine that shoots a single rocket, kinda like a marauder, only its shooting 1 and has lot of stats from a marine. I tried it once, worked out badly. COuldn't make it right, didnt know how to change its projectile, how to make it show up in barracks.... Lawl

We need tutorials!

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Lmao

I made the assumption that its probably its price, but it didn't quite make sense to me, Repair?

Well thank you :p

Now that I can edit how much minerals carry and how much a worker can take from it, and I can edit a units HP, I now know its price...

Now to do a complicated process that was simple couple clicks... Making a new unit...

I wanted to make a marine that shoots a single rocket, kinda like a marauder, only its shooting 1 and has lot of stats from a marine. I tried it once, worked out badly. COuldn't make it right, didnt know how to change its projectile, how to make it show up in barracks.... Lawl

We need tutorials!

Try basing it off the Maurauder and picking the Marine Actor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.