Unit Height

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
What's the best way to change a unit's height?

Also, can a unit be "lowered" into the ground by changing height negatively?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
You have two options:

[ljass]call IssueHauntOrderAtLocBJFilter()[/ljass]

or you could just look at this: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139729

EDIT: No, you can't sink units into ground. Well, you can with some haxed up Impale model (the spell is floating around here somewhere if you want to look at it).

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
I don't understand... I thought there was a function that DID it, and it wasn't IssueHauntOrderAtLocBJFilter()...

Narks

Reaction score
[lJASS]SetUnitFlyHeight[/lJASS]

this

EDIT: You use SetUnitFlyHeight to set the height of a unit. To make this work on ground units, you need to add and remove Crow Form to the unit. Azlier's AutoFly script will automatically do this for you.

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
I tried that on flying units, and it didn't change their height at all... and added crow form on ground units, didn't work either.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
If you want a unit to be under terrain it needs to have movement - type: foot
and a negative fly height and negative max fly height. Or maybe just the latter one dunno.

Well and then you do add / remove crow ability and you can place it under earth :)

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
and a negative fly height and negative max fly height. Or maybe just the latter one dunno.

No, none of these are needed, as Max Flying Height is only for Max, which is positive meaning that it can still be negative ;)

What Ice_Snake has there should be enough ;)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
You only need to add and remove that crow form ability once per unit. Theres no reason to do it all the time. Actually its kinda waste.

You cant move units underground, but you can create unit which has negative initial fly height and it appears underground. However once unit is moved to the surface, it cant go back underground nomore.

Theres also some cool methods to fake this underground stuff. I myself did this by using Impale for my Quicksand spell, which can be found from Spell Section.

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what the flying height is... It never changes. I also tried changing fly height of a gryphon, that didn't work either.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
sorry to sort of hijack this thread, but what's this?: [ljass]call IssueHauntOrderAtLocBJFilter()[/ljass]

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
That function tells whether an enumerated unit is a gold mine or not. If so, its sister native tells the ordered unit to go haunt it.

Doesn't have anything to do with this thread though.

Narks

Reaction score
To make people ask questions like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.