Unit in Disguise

pandamoniuma

Reaction score
I have a map in a city enviornment with 2 opposing teams of 5 players each, a computer controlled team for city guards and another computer controlled team for civilians. I want the player to be able to have a unit which is disguised as a civilian. That is, an enemy player cannot tell the difference between this "civilian in disguise", and a normal civilian from the computer civilian team.

I did something like this so far. When the player is in disguise, I change his name to match that of the civilian team, change the unit color, and make enemy players treat the player as neutral.

However, the problem is this: even though I have changed the color of the unit, its color on the MINIMAP doesn't change. Is there anyway I can make the color of the unit on the minimap change, or make it not appear on the minimap?

Or is there an easier way to make a unit in disguise?

Thank you

warroom99

Reaction score
you could replace the hero with an ordinary unit(trigger replace? or metamorph?) and change the teamcolor of the unit to the color of the computer cvilian, or you could make them as allies

pandamoniuma

Reaction score
Even better, I found a SetPlayerColor function which does exactly what I wanted, though I didn't think to look for it until you mentioned NewGen lol, thanks for your help though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.