Unit keep turning out to be free

punwisp

Reaction score
This is becoming BEYOND annoying. I have everything set it, its suppose to cost 150 minerals, 50 gas, take 2 food away, and takes 45 seconds to train. I have it so costs are displayed (Its trainable in barracks)

YET, every freaking time it basically shows its free, doesnt display costs, or enforce the costs I made, its just free. I've done this before and it works fine, but this is just pissing me off now. In the past it kept only showing its food cost, now its showing NOTHING...

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
it's got to be a setting in Data/Abilities/Barracks - Train/Info +

Double click on Info +
You should have
Command - Button - Unit
Train 01 - Train Marine - Marine
Train 02 - Train H.D. Marine - H.D. Marine

Then double click on H.D. Marine, and the setting preventing you from seeing the minerals should be in there..

Make him
Flags - both Disabled
State - Restricted
Requirements - None (EDIT: tech lab instead of none i guess)
Cost Display - tick both minerals and vespene, and underneath put in the prices

If that doesnt show mins and vespene in game, tick off those boxes, then try it..

maybe you've done all this already...

I had the same problem with my Terran Vehicle Lvl 4-10 Ups..

punwisp

Reaction score
I made it restricted so its grayed out, but its still free, doesnt show costs or enforce them

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
I made it restricted so its grayed out, but its still free, doesnt show costs or enforce them

k make it available

hmmm that is the only section that affects its price...

on that same screen, below requirments, it says Show Cost Display
tick minerals and vespene.. then enter their prices. after you enter the prices make sure they are ticked still and click ok again

idk.. it took me a few tries before i got my prices to show up...

punwisp

Reaction score
thats already been done. And restricted, available, doesnt matter, its been on available for most of the time.

punwisp

Reaction score
Its kinda hard to be able to successfully train a unit if theres no tuts on doing that, and the fact onle 1 person cared to help :/

salem

Reaction score
Its kinda hard to be able to successfully train a unit if theres no tuts on doing that, and the fact onle 1 person cared to help :/

either the editor bugged out on your unit, or you messed up somewhere. Try and compare your stuff to something built in. If everything is the same and it still doesnt work it could be possible that the editor crapped itself... i've had quite a few random problems with this editor where sometimes i had to go all the way as to rewrite a trigger or remake a unit.

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
it's got to be a setting in Data/Abilities/Barracks - Train/Info +

Double click on Info +
You should have
Command - Button - Unit

Then double click on H.D. Marine, and the setting preventing you from seeing the minerals should be in there..

This is the Marines fields in Data/Abilities/Barracks - Train/Info +
I apologize if the pic is too large.. pls, if u can, leave it for 24 hours at least if it is too big Mods..
If i made it too small, you couldnt see the text in it.

pictureofmarineinbarrac.png

Your gonna wanna copy it exactly... except
at the top, change the button to Train H.D. Marine-i assume you already made the button since it shows up

for requirments, make Techlab.. - i assume you made that requirment already also.

make everything else identical..

on the very bottom, theres another field called Unit.. click the green X and add H.D. Marine Im going to assume you already did this also.

so it basically comes down to changing the prices.. and ticking the boxes.. tho as u can see the marines aren't ticked...

So your gonna have to play around with these 2 fields in particular
Cost Display and Resource
Like the poster above stated, some of these fields i had to do twice.. and i finally got them to work when i redid them entirely..

I'd say delete the H.D.Marine from this dialog box

go back to Info +
You should have
Command - Button - Unit

and redo this barrack ability from scratch

When my upgrades buttons didnt show up properly in Armory Abilities.. it was because i deleted the ship stuff and moved the vehicle ones up... after redoing them, and leaving the ship ones there.. my vehicle ups worked...

what shows up your dialog box here anyways?

Double click on Info +
You should have
Command - Button - Unit

Just those 2? or reapers and ghosts also?
did u make a new one for HDMarine or did you just edit the Maurader one?

I'd leave the Maurader one untouched, then make a new Train 05 for the HD Marine

you can edit the command card to remove or move and grey out the maurader in Units/Barracks later

punwisp

Reaction score
either the editor bugged out on your unit, or you messed up somewhere. Try and compare your stuff to something built in. If everything is the same and it still doesnt work it could be possible that the editor crapped itself... i've had quite a few random problems with this editor where sometimes i had to go all the way as to rewrite a trigger or remake a unit.

I have made a unit that worked before, but this unit won't. And if it was bugged I would not be surprised. Its crashed a number of times, and been buggy.

I'll upload my map later and you can see if you guys can find the issue.

@may

I've already done all that :p

I've made a unit before, successfully.

The last 2 units however did not turn out right.

First one unit only showed the food price and enforce it. This unit which I was serious about designing, not messing around, doesnt display the costs including food, nor does it enforce it.

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
Yeah .. i had to do mine multiple times til i got it to work properly

maybe it is a buggy one then who knows

try changing the marines price and see if his changes?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.