Unit loses control when moved.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I move a unit (VillagerModel based off Paladin).
I'm in the process of making a turn based battle.
So first if a player's unit is attacked, then they get teleported to an arena.
Once the Villager model is moved however, it can't move. It still has its animations, but the buttons disappear. I can select it, it talks. But I can't issue it any orders. And it still gets attacked. It keeps its stats visible.
This is the trigger that moves it, and causes it to go dumb.:
Yes, it's for a Pokemon map.

Trigger:
  • FirstDuelWithGreen
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to Pokemon Trainer (Green NPC) 0029 <gen>
          • (Target unit of issued order) Equal to PokemonTrainer[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]
          • Q_GreenWantsDuel1[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
          • -------- Save Trainer's Location --------
          • Set B_TrainerLoc[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] = (Position of PokemonTrainer[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))])
          • -------- Cinematics --------
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Player((Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order))))) to (Center of B_Arena[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]) over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Player((Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order))))) to B_Arena[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]
          • -------- Opponent Trainer --------
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))) the text: |CFF01BF4DGame Mess...
          • Unit - Create 1 Pokemon Trainer (Green NPC) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of B_Arena_Challenger[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]) facing 180.00 degrees
          • Set B_Challenger[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] = (Last created unit)
          • -------- Check for starting Pokemon --------
          • -------- Opponent Pokemon --------
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Bulbasaur Equal to Q_StarterPKMN[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Charmander for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of B_Arena_ChallengerPKMN[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]) facing 180.00 degrees
              • Set B_PKMNChallenger[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] = (Last created unit)
              • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to 5, Hide level-up graphics
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))) the text: (|CFF01BF4DGame Message|r: Rival Green sent out + ((Name of B_PKMNChallenger[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]) + !))
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- Make for Charmander/Squirtle --------
          • -------- Move Player --------
          • Unit - Move PokemonTrainer[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] instantly to (Center of B_Arena_Challenged[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]), facing 0.00 degrees
          • Set B_Challenged[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] = PokemonTrainer[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]
          • -------- Move Player's Pokemon --------
          • Unit - Move PKMN_Slot1[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] instantly to (Center of B_Arena_ChallengedPKMN[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]), facing 0.00 degrees
          • Set B_PKMNChallenged[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] = (Last created unit)
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))) the text: ((cc_players[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))] + (Name of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))) + (|r: Go + ((Name of B_PKMNChallenged[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order)))]) + !)))
        • Else - Actions

Also, it worked fine until I used another system (well just a trigger) that had this action:
Custom script: call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable(udg_RBB_PlayerMove, 'Amov', false)

It's completely removed. And I believed it disabled the use of the "Move" ability for they player, but my other units can still move. Except "PokemonTrainer". I belive it also affects other player's PokemonTrainer. As they don't run away when attacked anymore.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
[ljass]call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable(udg_RBB_PlayerMove, 'Amov', false)[/ljass]

Oh god, what kind of system is that!?!?!??! 'Amov' is the rawcode for Move. Of course you are going to have problems if Move is disabled for your units. Well, that's what I can gather from the information given. Since nothing else in your trigger shows anything about prohibiting movement (or I skimmed it too fast).

esb

Reaction score
Yeah I know, but it's removed. Completely. And RBB_PlayerMove is a Player Variable. Should disable Move for other units, but it doesn't, only for oen in particular. Is my map bugged? D=

Also, it doesn't just remove "Move", it removes Attack, Hold Position, Stop, etc.

esb

Reaction score
Nope. Nothing at all. The trigger above is the last trigger that runs, and when it runs that's when the "Pausing" happens. I'll keep looking... I remember testing a "Pause" action, on a different unit. But then deleted it. Unless WE bugged and "hid" the trigger...

EDIT: YESSS!!!! I added an "Unpause Unit" action and it works again now! I have no idea where it gets paused in the first place, but as long as there's a fix. I tried soooo many things hahaha. I was about to give up on the whole project. You saved it! w00t!!!!! PARTTYYY!!!

It's happened to me before (in the WE) where something just randomly gets bugged.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.