Unit not rotating with mouse camera

Derek0

Reaction score
For some reason I got invited into the BETA 10 days before the release, and I went straight into the editor. I wanted to try my hand at a TPS even though I probably won't release it as there will be way to many of those.

Now I opened wingdnosring Third Person Shooter System to learn a bit about the setup, and I tested it first to get a feel for it. Odd part is, when I turned my camera, the unit didn't turn with it. A bug in his map? I though so at first, but it looks like it checks out: (assuming that his variables are right)

Trigger:
  • Unit - Make Controlled Shooter[MovementLoop] face (Shooter Positions[MovementLoop] offset by (WeaponBulletSpeed[(Weapon being used by (Controlled Shooter[MovementLoop]))] * 83.3) towards (Current camera yaw of player MovementLoop) degrees) over 0.0 seconds

No one else seems to have complained that his map didn't work. I tried it in my own new map:
Trigger:
  • Lock Player Camera
    • Actions
      • Camera - Turn camera vertical field of view On for player Player
      • Camera - Turn camera mouse rotation On for player Player
      • Camera - Lock camera mouse relative mode On for player Player
      • Camera - Turn camera height displacement On for player Player
      • Camera - Apply camera object Distance 10.0 for player Player over 0.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity and 10% deceleration
      • Camera - Apply camera object Angle Of Attack 20.0 for player Player over 0.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity and 10% deceleration
      • Camera - Follow for player Player (Unit group(Unit)) with the camera and Clear Current Target

And then every 0.1 seconds I do:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Make Unit face (Current camera yaw of player 1) over 0.0 seconds

I also tried:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Make Unit face ((Default game camera) Rotation) over 0.0 seconds

And none of it makes the unit face the camera as I move it with the mouse. The unit stays facing the same starting direction the whole time. Am I doing something wrong?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.