Unit Remove From a Selling unit

Edy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I need a little help to figure it out how to remove a unit from a selling unit, if each player has 1 selling unit of its own.

Ex: if Player 1 buy unit1 from its selling unit, the unit is removed from selling the other players cannot buy that unit from their selling unit

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I think this is what you're looking for.
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set TempPlayerGroup = (All players)
    • Player Group - Pick every player in TempPlayerGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Player - Make YourUnitType Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
    • Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_TempPlayerGroup )

This basically has the effect of removing the unit from whatever is selling, so no one else can buy it.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You can add/remove selling units using trigger action 'Neutral building - Add/Remove unit to/from marketplace'. Note that to use this, you must add the units into your shop manually using trigger. The remove action will not work if you try to remove default sell unit you add via Object Editor.

On a related note, please be reminded that 'All players' do not leak. Do not destroy the force or something weird will happen.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can add/remove selling units using trigger action 'Neutral building - Add/Remove unit to/from marketplace'. Note that to use this, you must add the units into your shop manually using trigger. The remove action will not work if you try to remove default sell unit you add via Object Editor.
Only works if the shop has the ability from the market place. These actions do not work on a regular shop.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score

On a related note, please be reminded that 'All players' do not leak. Do not destroy the force or something weird will happen.
Even if you are storing 'All players' within a variable? That's odd.
I don't remember these exceptions to leaks, so I put that in just to be safe. :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Only works if the shop has the ability from the market place. These actions do not work on a regular shop.

Don't quite get you here.

Even if you are storing 'All players' within a variable? That's odd.
I don't remember these exceptions to leaks, so I put that in just to be safe. :p

You just can't destroy.
You can simply try it yourself. Destroy it and try using it again. And see what happens.

Code:
Set TempPlayerGroup = (All players)
Player Group - Pick every player in TempPlayerGroup and do (Actions)
  Loop - Actions
    Game - Display Boo to (Picked player)
Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_TempPlayerGroup )
Set TempPlayerGroup = (All players)
Player Group - Pick every player in TempPlayerGroup and do (Actions)
  Loop - Actions
    Game - Display Boo to (Picked player)
Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_TempPlayerGroup )
Technically, it should show 2 boos.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't quite get you here.
You need to give your shop the ability from the market place in order to use any of the "neutral building" trigger actions.
Have a look at the attached demo map.
Type in "item" to add crown of kings to all of the shops; "unit" to add footman to all of the shops; and "remove" to remove crown of kings and footman from the shop list again.
It only works for the market place. It doesnt work for the shop and it doesnt work for the mercenary camp.

Attachments

• Neutral Building Demo.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 247

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You need to give your shop the ability from the market place in order to use any of the "neutral building" trigger actions.
Have a look at the attached demo map.
Type in "item" to add crown of kings to all of the shops; "unit" to add footman to all of the shops; and "remove" to remove crown of kings and footman from the shop list again.
It only works for the market place. It doesnt work for the shop and it doesnt work for the mercenary camp.

I see what you trying to imply now...
Naturally, shops that sell unit need to have 'Sell unit' ability while shops that sell item need to have 'Sell item' ability.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.