unit respawn and scaling up problem

U

Unregistered

In my map I have a system where at a certain number of points certain units scale up and I also have these heroes respawning. but some times people end up getting 2 2nd level heroes or a 1st and 2nd level hero and I dont know why, and this only sometimes happens. Strangest of all I cant find any major error in the triggers. These are my triggers

To allow first level respawn:
Condition:Always
Action: Set switch 1

1st level respawn:
Conditions: player commands 0 level 1, comannds 0 level 2 heroes, and switch 1 is set
Action:subtract 400 minerals, wait 10000 milliseconds, Create 1 level 1 hero at location for player, preserve trigger

1st to second level upgrade
Condition: If player accumulates at least 4000 gas
Actions: Clear switch 1, kill all level 1, create 1 level 2 at location, and set switch 2

2nd level respawn:
Conditions: Player commands 0 level 2, 0 level 3, switch 2 is set
Actions: subtract 400 minerals, wait 10000 milliseconds, create 1 level 2 hero at loc. for player, preserve trigger

2nd to 3rd level upgrade
condition: If player accumulates at least 10000 gas
Actions: clear switch 2, kill all level 2, create 1 level 3 at location, set switch 3

3rd level respawn:
Conditions: Player commands 0 level 3 and switch 3 is set
Actions: subtract 400 minerals, wait 10000 milliseconds, create 1 level 3 hero at loc. for player, preserve trigger

V

victimchild

The triggers look to be in order. Did you make the wait (0) trigger? It may be that your triggers aren't executing fast enough and a unit doesn't get disabled.

U

Unregistered

Ya, I assumed they werent going with correct timing but how might that be fixed?

U

Unregistered

Should I add wait time inbetween switch disabling and killing and switch enabling and spawning? and if so how much?

V

victimchild

No. There is a trigger that most map makers use to make sure that their triggers execute the millisecond that they're supposed to. Bare in mind that this is a lone trigger. Here it is:

wait (0)
wait (0)
wait (0)
wait (0)
(and keep copying for about 25 waits.)

This should make it so that the computer has to check the triggers every millisecond instead of every 1.5 seconds. This might fix your problem, but it might not. Now you said that the trigger sometimes causes you to spawn 2 lvl two units?

L

LazyCoder

They're called hyper triggers and what you do is you choose a player category that is in use by a computer and with absolutely no other 'wait' actions in it. You make a trigger with x63 'wait 0 seconds' actions and one preserve trigger. Then select your new trigger and press 'copy' 4 times. So you now have 5 copies of the trigger.

With 'Hyper triggers' enabled, the triggers execute 11.8 times a second, not once every millisecond. :nuts:

V

victimchild

Well, my bad, but it gets the job done. Don't you have to create like 3 hyper triggers for it to work properly? I just learned recently from the Raccoon City map triggers. :D

U

Unregistered

Thx, I hope that will work and now I better understand hyper triggers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.