Unit won't use custom ability

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have a jump ability which is triggered by a dummy ability. The dummy ability has it's Base Order ID AND Order String - use/Turn On set to blink.

But when I order the unit in the trigger below nothing happens. I have checked the distance manually at it's fine. Mana, check. Cooldown, check. So I don't know why it won't work.

Trigger:
  • Jump Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Jump Start <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Entering unit) Equal to Paladin
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Paladin to Night Elf Warden - Blink (Center of Jump End <gen>)

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
why not just use a move unit action and special effect?

Is the area visible to the unit?

Solu9

Reaction score
why not just use a move unit action and special effect?

Is the area visible to the unit?

I can't use the "move to" action since the hero needs to jump to another platform only reachable when the jump ability is used.
And yes the area is visible to the unit.

Dameon

Reaction score
The ability works when you manually cast it? But wont work when you try using the trigger?
Only thing I can think of is you mixed up the activation some how, is it possible to link the map?

move to will move the unit instantly to the region stated, you are thinking of issue order move to.
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of (Playable map area))
is the one I ment,

Solu9

Reaction score
I won't get the wanted jump effect if I move the unit...

And the only thing related to the ability is the trigger I posted earlier.

Dameon

Reaction score
I think I understand now, you don't want the unit to blink, you just want it to appear to jump up right?

Solu9

Reaction score
I think I understand now, you don't want the unit to blink, you just want it to appear to jump up right?

I have a jump ability which is triggered by a dummy ability. The dummy ability has it's Base Order ID AND Order String - use/Turn On set to blink.

The dummy ability triggers the jump ability.

I'll post a link to the spell used:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-paladon-116556/?prev=search=jump&d=list&r=20

But again. It's not the jump system that is the problem.

Dameon

Reaction score
I am thinking it has to do with the start string, what ability did you use as the dummy ability that you are calling with the trigger?

Solu9

Reaction score
I am thinking it has to do with the start string, what ability did you use as the dummy ability that you are calling with the trigger?

The standard dummy ability "Channel", but like stated I changed both ID and string to blink.

Wratox1

Reaction score
try using another ability that is point target and see if it works, but don't change the order ID and change the trigger to use the new ability.

thorhunter

Reaction score
Try Ai - ignore guard position. I had troubles with dummy units not casting spells and this lane helped.

Wratox1

Reaction score
does the unit have the ability from the start or are you giving it to the unit with triggers?

Solu9

Reaction score
It is an upgrade but by this point the unit has it. Or else it would not have been possible to reach this stage of the game.

Wratox1

Reaction score
okay, maybe it's the trigger that is causing the problem, though it does not look it would. You could try adding a debug message in the trigger and see if the message appears, if it does not either the trigger isn't firing(the event never takes place) or the condition makes it not run.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.