UnitDamage

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'd like to hear opinions on what they would call a good replacement for this missing action.

What I can only think of doing is making a library to map to the call UnitDamage, which will call for a dummy unit to cast a spell which applys damage, but then the problem is how to get the exact damage through the spell. I assume it would be possible to set it to levels, then set level to it, then cast, but the limit is unknown to me on the spell level limit.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Use the catalog action?
For this the exact effects of changing damage while the missile is still in the air have to be explored.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Use the catalog action?
For this the exact effects of changing damage while the missile is still in the air have to be explored.

I've no idea how to properly use the catalog? I knew about it, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with it, even though I knew it was a potential answer.

Reaction score
Got my editor back.

To set the value of a field:
Trigger:
  • Catalog - Set value of Effects "ArchonDamage" "Amount" for player (Triggering player) to "0"

To obtain the value of a field:
Trigger:
  • UI - Display (Text((Value of Effects "ArchonDamage" "Amount" for player Any Player))) for (All players) to Subtitle area

...where "ArchonDamage" is the ID of the effect you want.

Take note that this will return the exact value that appears in the data editor (25, in this case.) As such, any external modifiers (such as buffs) will not be accounted for.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Got my editor back.

To set the value of a field:
Trigger:
  • Catalog - Set value of Effects "ArchonDamage" "Amount" for player (Triggering player) to "0"

To obtain the value of a field:
Trigger:
  • UI - Display (Text((Value of Effects "ArchonDamage" "Amount" for player Any Player))) for (All players) to Subtitle area

...where "ArchonDamage" is the ID of the effect you want.

Take note that this will return the exact value that appears in the data editor (25, in this case.) As such, any external modifiers (such as buffs) will not be accounted for.

Do you know if modifying the damage for every call will work? Might put the wrong damage, etc. when spammed.

onisagi

Reaction score
Would storing the catalog value to be modified and used be possible for your application?

Since units of a particular player use the same catalog values, if you have two units from the same player spamming, they'll be changing each other's damage, if they are "relative" changes, but not if they are "absolute" changes.

Relative:
Damage = Damage + Random
Absolute:
Damage = 25 + Random

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Would storing the catalog value
We don't want to store it, we want to set it to the damage we want to deal.
Hence your next sentences don't make any sense.

The only interesting question right now is what happens to a missiles damage if the behaviour damage is changed while it is in the air.

onisagi

Reaction score
Ancanus: yes, my initial question is just to see if the op thinks that it would be beneficial to store the value in his case.

The latter comment is just common sense when you share a single variable between simultaneous actions that modify it. Renendaru probably already realized it, since he was concerned of this possible issue. But you're right, it's possible that none of what i said is applicable, depending on Renendaru really wants to do.

its up to the op to decide whether anything makes sense to his purposes, especially if he changes his approach midway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.