[Unity 5.3] Multiplier: RTS (real time strategy) game and simulation tool

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
This will be the official megathread for sharing feedback and report issues with the game, Multiplier.

Playable demo link: https://tom-mai78101.itch.io/multiplier

To play: Please use Firefox, IE11, or any web browsers that support Unity Web Player.

Left click: Select units.
Drag left click: Box select units.
Right click: Order units to move to location. Will attack automatically if enemies are nearby.
S: Split selected units. You are only allowed to split level 1 tiered units.
D: Merge selected units. You can only merge units when you have more than 2 level 1 units.
` Key: Console for debugging.

The entire game is built with the idea of a "RTS game unit balancing tool" and "multiplayer online capabilities" in mind. Please let me know what you think in this thread below!

Thanks for your contributions. Your contributions will help shape and mold how the final game will be.

Last edited:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
jonas: tom, 1) then the merging should work without that restriction on higher levels and 2) you should check whether there are unselected units of level 1, and subtract them from the number of ignored units in the selection

jonas: tom, plus you should fix the deselection on click - it's nearly impossible to select larger groups of units, or moving units, like this.

1. Merging is only allowed when you have more than 2 level 1 units selected, and will merge pairs of level 1 units together as a group. If you have 3 level 1 units selected, only 1 group of 2 level 1 units will merge. If you have 5 level 1 units selected, only 2 groups of 2 level 1 units each will merge, leaving the remaining level 1 unit alone. It's a game design restriction, aimed at preventing accidental merging of level 1 units, creating the situation where the player could no longer split units any more. Is this explained clearly in the tutorials?
  2. I don't understand what you mean by "ignored" units. If units are not selected, then they are to be "ignored", since you are not issuing commands towards them. If you are referring to how the merging game mechanics work, and how it's confusing, I'll go ahead and modify the tutorial mode to explain further about this.
  3. Deselect units by clicking on an empty area.
  4. If you are referring to the boundaries of player mouse controls for selecting units, it is possible you are trying to select all units, but can't really seem to do so. Have you tried using mouse wheel to zoom in/out of the map? Has this been explained clearly in the tutorials? I could find a way, if mouse scrolling and panning the camera around is an issue.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
1.) Movement seems to accelerate based off closeness to the point giving a nice slide animation ... is this done by a magnetic clamp script? I feel like if you overshoot where you order your movement, it should halt asap rather than jitter as it does sometimes. Lil picky, I know.
2.) An attack ground option would be nice. A-click. It became hard near the end to eliminate stagnant AI dudes.
3.) Group movement could be worked on. Rather than have all X units be attracted to the same point, you should make their ordered location be based off their current location in the cluster. E.g.:

Unit A is X, Y distance away from the center of the cluster and is ordered to position P. His new location should be Px + X, Py + Y.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
1.) Movement seems to accelerate based off closeness to the point giving a nice slide animation ... is this done by a magnetic clamp script? I feel like if you overshoot where you order your movement, it should halt asap rather than jitter as it does sometimes. Lil picky, I know.
2.) An attack ground option would be nice. A-click. It became hard near the end to eliminate stagnant AI dudes.
3.) Group movement could be worked on. Rather than have all X units be attracted to the same point, you should make their ordered location be based off their current location in the cluster. E.g.:

Unit A is X, Y distance away from the center of the cluster and is ordered to position P. His new location should be Px + X, Py + Y.

1. All movements is done purely using NavMeshAgent, without even changing anything related to movements or NavMeshAgents. I have no way of tweaking the movements.
  2. I see. It seems to me player actions are not overriding automated enemy detection easily, but I have no reliable way of reproducing the issue. :(
  3. Group movement is a more complicated logic that I haven't really touch upon until now. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.
So far, are there any issues you have encountered? Especially with the Editing Interfaces and Simulation Mode, which was actually just recently added to the game.

I also added just a bit of info in the first post. It's sort of how I made this game.

Last edited:

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Lol, you got nothing buddy.
Lemme explain again.

1) If I select four level 2 units and press merge, there is no reason for them to not all merge
2) If I have four level 1 units and I select two of them and press merge, there is no reason for them to not all merge
3) units are deselected when I move the camera. I don't want that to happen.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, you got nothing buddy.
Lemme explain again.

1) If I select four level 2 units and press merge, there is no reason for them to not all merge
2) If I have four level 1 units and I select two of them and press merge, there is no reason for them to not all merge
3) units are deselected when I move the camera. I don't want that to happen.

1. The reason is you will no longer gain new units when you don't have any level 1 units available, and can no longer merge to upgrade to even higher tiers (such as level 5, level 6, etc.). I want to prevent users from not being able to advance to higher level units.
  2. This is definitely a bug. I'll look into this.
  3. That is a strange report. I'll look into this.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Uploaded a new version:
  • Fixed multiplayer issue where unit's current health is getting overridden with old value, creating infinite health.
  • Fixed canvas issue in Simulation Mode that only occurred in Unity Web Player.
  • Fixed "safety merging" bug issues.
  • I know how to fix the "clicking on minimap deselects units." issue, but Unity is not cooperating with me.

Last edited:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Just uploaded another version:
  • Fixed issue with deselection when panning camera around via minimap.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
  1. The reason is you will no longer gain new units when you don't have any level 1 units available, and can no longer merge to upgrade to even higher tiers (such as level 5, level 6, etc.). I want to prevent users from not being able to advance to higher level units.

jonas said:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.