RPG Unnamed epic orpg

V_RyaN_V

Reaction score
This game will be one of the absolute best orpgs ever released on battle net.
This orpg is also like no other game out there and all we need is someone who is a master at jass... here is some details...

We have a master terrainest and almost the whole map done (not including the dungeons and mini-games that will be added) and me and my friend working on skills, items, units, and heroes. The only thing we are missing at the moment is someone who is a master at jass. This game will be one of the most epic orpgs ever released. We plan on making heroes as freely customizable as possible.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Plans)- You will choose your basic class and enter the world and will find jobs to make money instead of your normal killing units for cash. Some jobs that should be available to start would be something along the lines of...

Hunter- Your master gives you a goal to bring him back X amount of animal meat or X amounts of hides.

Farmer- There is a field were grains will randomly spawn and your have to collect X amount and bring them back to the master.

Fisher- We need a basic fishing system, something along the lines of you use an item near water and either catch a fish or wait somewhere around 10 seconds and try again. You'd have to catch X amounts of fish to complete his goal.

Solider- There is a constant war going on and you will help your army fight. Your goal will be to kill X amount of units and return to your master.

-----------------------------------------------------------
That's some of the jobs that should be available once we find someone to code the systems. Also with each class will be a set of skills that you will receive after you finish the mini-quest line and master the your job. Each player will be limited to one jobs each. Also with each job there will be a mini-boss at the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Another way I thought of to make your hero even more custom is to add two other mini-classes. One of the other classes will be to master an element. On your journey you will come across a few strange NPCs that could have something to teach you. Lets say you find the master of ice. You could start doing his quest line and eventually become a master of ice. Some other elements should include- Fire, Poison, Water, and Lightning, to start. Another other way is a more simple system of were you can simply talk to any of the worshipers of the gods around town. And again complete there quest line and ultimately master that skill and unlock the set of ability's that come with it.
Completing these 3 systems will ultimately leave you with 100s of ways so customize your hero.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This orpg is planed to be a slower paced orpg were you have to take your time and actually play it to become good at it. The items will not be over powered and you probably will end up be needed to play with a team if you want to succeed in it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are just the basic plans we have so far... if you think you can help with anything please speak up!

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick or anything, but many people have said that their map will be the best and most of those they either give up on due to difficulties or stop working on them because they're bored with it. I do however wish you the best of luck with this. If you want this to be a great ORPG you need more then just "basic plans." And there have been many RPG's with roughly the same idea as you, to stand out from all the others though you must stick with this until it is completely finished with no/very little bugs left.
Just my two cents right now. Can't wait to see a playable version of this

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No offense, but you are saying all the easy stuff is done (Units, items, monsters, terrain) and now you are looking for someone doing almost everything that is important and defines your map (Triggers)?

Isn't that like ... "hey ... I selected the colors and the tires. Can someone construct the car now?"

RodyisGod

Reaction score
ok ok ok, Myself i ain't no good at triggering also.
But when you ask for someone too do the complete triggers your completly insane, as there are enough Systems/Tutorials for proffesions over;
Thehelper.net
Wc3c.net
Hiveworkshop.com

I have seen a tutorial for Mining, so you could easily make fishing of that.
Just try too find it at hiveworkshop tutorials.
Also If you done fishing, what can actually be hard about hunting, its like doing a quest :nuts:

Get X amount of stuffs bring back too master = Making a Quest too do that, and remove the quest triggers. :p

Warrior is almost the same as hunter and Farmer is the same as hunter too.

Wt-H?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
About 98,7% of the stuff made in WC3 is not and will never be Epic.
When we're talking the real Epic, that is.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I hope that the only % of maps that are considered epic are:
Dota (I swear the first person who quotes me for stating that this is the most-played map wil be crowend king of the blind fools)
I don't know.... perhaps Dark Invasion II or some epic RPG
TD'S Ironicly although TD's aren't stylish and it is very hard to make them conpetitive they are played a lot. =]

V_RyaN_V

Reaction score
Well to begin, I no triggers is pretty much the game and yeah its asking for alot. Also people have said there making the best and gave up yeah, well sucks for them cause were not.

Someone asked for screen shots? If your interested ill host the map and you can look yourself. Only the main citys and some areas are completely done. We still have to make all the mini games, dungeons, inner houses, and other areas.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Never say your map will be the most epic map. It's most likly not going to be true. Also you have high ambitions for such a basic map. The map doesn't seem well thought out. I wish you luck, it may become a good map, but it might not. Only the player can decide that.

Immolation

Reaction score
Whoah! Upon opening this thread I was grazed by a whole lot of epic...

...failure. :p

(joking :D:D)

BTW: I want to see the epic terrain >.<

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
No offense, but you are saying all the easy stuff is done (Units, items, monsters, terrain) and now you are looking for someone doing almost everything that is important and defines your map (Triggers)?

Isn't that like ... "hey ... I selected the colors and the tires. Can someone construct the car now?"

Hehe.. nice! And so true. ;)

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
how about you make maps that you can and are at your level than trying to make make maps that will very likely never secede?

(from your description I assume that you are not a very experienced mapmaker, if I'm wrong, tell me)

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Theres never been a ORPG that has matched the fanbase my original Vanilla DORPG met in 06, that includes over 10,000$ in donations i received.

Just by looking at your plans... It's not gonna happen...

You need a good structure, you need a good foundation, you need to be original.

And last but not least. NEVER claim that its gonna be the best, when you can't even control the editor to its fullest potential, should be renamed to Unnamed ORPG (in need of serious help).

Sneakster

Reaction score
I'd be willing to help. It's good to have an optimistic outlook on how the ORPG will be. If you didn't have that, then what else would motivate you to make the map? If you need help just ask. Also, check the tutorials and other people's questions here at thehelper. You will learn a LOT.

Daicos

Reaction score
So far,doesn't sound very... Epic. And Just like others before me have said, don't claim its going to be the BEST. probably won't be, no offense, but plenty people have made an ORPG, and hasn't been epic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.