~ Unnamed RPG ~

The Big S

Reaction score
testhi1.gif

Unnamed RPG is an open role playing game which puts you in a world of fantasy, adventure, and trouble. Throughout your journey, you will undoubtedly come across everything from a Gnoll to a fire-breathing dragon. Your character will gain knowledge and grow, both physically and mentally over time, learning new skills to make him/her more viable to their allies.

Feature Overview
  • 9 classes to choose from, with more to come with later updates!
  • Over 20 quests across the first two playable zones in the game, each unique to the player who receives them.
  • Fully functional save/load which saves 12 items and everything about your character.
  • Unique item durability system.
  • Item requirements based on class and level.
  • Uncommon and up items soulbound to your character.
  • 11 unique abilities for each class.
  • Over 30 new and unique items in the first release.
  • Creep respawns and item drops.
  • Quality terraining.
  • Proper spelling and grammar, and enhanced tooltips for an aesthetically pleasing look that is easy on the eyes.
  • User-friendly interface and commands.
  • Unique chat system that allows others to hear you based on how close you are to them.
  • A linear storyline, with dozens of optional tasks to undertake on your way there.
  • Dungeons and instances designed for groups of players.

I have been working on Unnamed RPG for quite some time now. HINDYhat and I are good friends, and both excellent triggerers and mapmakers, so you can expect the same quality of work on MMRPG as you can on Unnamed RPG. Yes, the game is actually called "Unnamed RPG."

Currently, Unnamed RPG has been in a long and drawn out beta. The game is far from being finished, with only two zones finished, and about a third of all of the class abilities implemented (9 classes X 11 abilities each = 99 Abilities), so about 30 abilities are done and in the game. Some classes such as Guardian and Shadowknight already have about 7 abilities, while other classes such as the Ranger and Arcanist have only 2 or 3. With later updates and versions, all abilities will be completed and finalized.

The release of the game for the public is planned for this Friday, August 15th, complete with 2 zones, 20 quests, 30 items, 9 implimented classes, 1 dungeon, and some other nifty features. I have some screenshots up on the official forums to give everyone a little glimpse into the game, and I'm sure others will post their adventure pictures there as well.

SCREENSHOTS

Cine%5F1.jpg

Crusader%5F1.jpg

GM%5F2.jpg

Guardian%5F1.jpg

Guardian%5F2.jpg

Party%5F1.jpg

Shadowknight%5F1.jpg

ShadowKnight%5F2.jpg

If any of you are interested in the game, or have any questions, I recommend that you visit and register on the Unnamed RPG discussion boards, located at:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/unnamedorpg

Thank you!

- The Big S
(Shaman, Clan ORPG)

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
The terrain doesn't look all that great to me.

You might try to have all the icons the same in the little window with attack type and main attribute and such. It is just simple image editing and makes it look a lot better having them all the same.

I don't really see how the user interface is any different than Blizzard's besides some icon changes and some name changes. Might want to point out what is different.

About all I can see as of the information given off of this post. I will test it when you publicly release it but then again, I'm very forgetful. :p

The Big S

Reaction score
Well, those screenshots were taken a while back. There have been some improvements; won't say it's the best terrain ever, but it is decent now.

As for the game interface, much of the text and such is completely revamped. I am really trying to hold off on a bunch of custom models, icons, interface textures, etc. until I get the map fully terrained and made, as I am not quite sure yet how big the map will grow to be, in terms of filesize.

The first release with 2 zones and a few hours of gameplay is scheduled for this Friday, with more content planned every week there-after. Also, screenshots can only go so far -- I'm not one to brag, but the dozens of people who have been beta-testing with me have really enjoyed the game and its many unique aspects.

Thanks for the critique though.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
The chat system looks interesting, will it calculate distances between all player heroes and only send to those who are in x range of the talking unit or?

The Big S

Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what the system does.

My game focuses alot on realism. For instance, there are not just walls of trees forcing you to go a certain way, making the game's terrain into a big maze. Forests are full of open space to walk and explore in, etc.

As for the chat system, here is how it works:

- If you are just normally chatting, all players who are within 1500m of your character will be able to hear you. The same goes with emotes and the -roll command.

- If you want your message to reach further, you can type -yell <message>, which will make you able to be heard for 5,000m.

There is no shared vision in this game, because let's face it, in the oldern times people didn't have GPS and cellphones, they didn't know where people were.

In addition, there is a black mask over the map for several reasons. This is to again, add to realism -- You have to explore the map yourself to find secrets, locations, etc.

However, because this is an RPG and I do want to give players a little bit of a break in finding other players, I have implimented a -find command that will ping the location of whatever player number you input in the command, if they are allied to you (in other words, can't use it in PvP). For example, typing -find 2 would ping player 2's location in the game world.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Where did you get the chat system from, or did you make it yourself? It looks good.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This looks great. Could you contact me when you finish the map? :3

EDIT: It's already been the 15th, so could you send me a link where I could DL this? x3

The Big S

Reaction score
@ Jackal - Yes, the chat system was created 100% by me. However, there was a tutorial that I read that shows you how to take out regular chat. However, apart from taking out the chat, everything was created by me.

@ Ninva - if I said the 15th, I apologize. The release date is this Friday, the 17th (tomorrow). Not sure if I can give an exact time tomorrow on release, but if you want to stay tuned, I recommend going to http://z11.invisionfree.com/unnamedorpg to watch for updates. ;)

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Aparently it's released, saw it on epicwar. Downloaded, about to play.

Will edit post with comments.

EDIT:

Okay, played the map.

Great map, few suggestions:

-Minimap preview screen.
-Mobs and their difficulty is weird, at level 2 I had no trouble with a level 7 wolf, yet at level 1 it was hard to kill a level 3..
-As a player you need something to play towards. Tell them what abilities they get at what levels.
-Add hotkeys. It helps a lot, rather than clicking, clicking, clicking...gets painful after a while.
-Not enough of each type of mob, had to go around far to find a couple bears
-Hard mobs are really close, at level 2 I found myself face to face with a level 10 skeleton..
-Add some sort of way to remember what quests you got, after a bit I couldn't remember what the guard guy wanted me to do for him.
-The respawn is a little long for a low level.
-Add more citizens to the town, it is odd to have 20-30 houses, and only 5-6 people outside. Add random people walking around, playing, etc.
-The repair seemed expencive, 75 gold to repair everything? Also, it only would repair 5 items, because if you tried to buy it with a full inventory it would say "Your inventory is full", unless you already fixed that.

While playing, I got to level 3, found it too hard to level, and too boring with only one spell. Also, theres no healer classes, which is annoying to me, because I HATE going back to town so often to heal.

All in all, excellent map. I hope I didn't sound to harsh, because you have a great peice of work here, but it still needs a bit of work until it will be "perfect".

Bugs? None really. Only thing is that when you are dead and repick, it still tells you when you will respawn, yet you are alive as a new character.. :)

Hope this helps,
Knights:cool:

The Big S

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the feedback Knight. I will attempt to give explanations for a few of these things, as there are a few of your "trouble spots" which already have a solve for them in game:

Q. Minimap preview screen.
A. I am going to have a custom Minimap preview screen and loading screen, but I am waiting until the map is more complete to add custom imported files.

Q. Mobs and their difficulty is weird, at level 2 I had no trouble with a level 7 wolf, yet at level 1 it was hard to kill a level 3..
A. This is a bad issue, as currently I have no standardized system of mob creation. I am still trying to work out a balanced system.

Q. As a player you need something to play towards. Tell them what abilities they get at what levels.
A. I am working on thinking of where to put this. I am leaning more towards quest log, with a "lore" category for each class explaining their role and their abilities. I would do this because it is annoying if your spellbook tooltip filled half of your screen when moused over.

Q. Add hotkeys. It helps a lot, rather than clicking, clicking, clicking...gets painful after a while.
A. Definitely added in next version. If I can't use numbers, I will use letters (A, B, C, D, etc.)

Q. Not enough of each type of mob, had to go around far to find a couple bears
A. Problem is that people already complain of the creep help agro range being too small. If I put creeps even more close together, we will have bandits assisting bears and such. I will try to add some more mobs however.

Q. Hard mobs are really close, at level 2 I found myself face to face with a level 10 skeleton..
A. The Avell Mountains are designed for a geared player of level 7, all the way to level 15. At those levels, the skeleton and other mob encounters are not nearly as difficult.

Q. Add some sort of way to remember what quests you got, after a bit I couldn't remember what the guard guy wanted me to do for him.
A. There is a pre-made feature for this; type -questlog while in game.

Q. The respawn is a little long for a low level.
A. The respawn is going to be lowered to 10 seconds come next update.

Q. Add more citizens to the town, it is odd to have 20-30 houses, and only 5-6 people outside. Add random people walking around, playing, etc.
A. This is tricky, as there are already parts of town that are so congested that one player standing in the way can block everyone. I will see what I can do.

Q. The repair seemed expencive, 75 gold to repair everything? Also, it only would repair 5 items, because if you tried to buy it with a full inventory it would say "Your inventory is full", unless you already fixed that.
A. I will attempt to fix the inventory is full problem, and perhaps slightly lower the repair cost.

Q. While playing, I got to level 3, found it too hard to level, and too boring with only one spell. Also, theres no healer classes, which is annoying to me, because I HATE going back to town so often to heal.
A. Because there are only 50 levels in the entire game, leveling needs to be moderately slow in order to encourage not only questing, but also to ensure that not everyone is the maximum level in a day easy. Just today, the first release, we already have a 20 Shadowknight and many others right behind him. Also, the healing class in the game is "Minstrel." They have great healing abilities. Paladins have a heal spell also, as well as the Ranger's "Bandage." Also, you gain a new ability every 5 levels (1, 5, 10, 15, etc.) so it is something to kind of strive for. At higher levels, leveling does become easier. Also, you'd be amazed how easy everything is when you have a full house of good players. We were owning everything.

I hope that clarified a bit for you.

You may want to register on the official forums if you find any more bugs, and post them in the bug section.

Thanks so much again for testing the map, and finding some errors and such. And yes, I went to great length to ensure as little bugginess as possible. The game is stable, just needs some tweaking as you said.

For new players, link to the map:

http://epicwar.com/maps/28689/

Knights

Reaction score
I understand everything you say to me. When I make maps, and people post big long posts about all the things to fix it, I often reject half of them. I know it is in the best intrest of the map, but in the end, it is YOUR map, and you have the right to do whatever you wish to it. If you take even one of my suggestions I would be honored. :)

>I will use letters (A, B, C, D, etc.)
Try to make all the letters be on the right side of the keyboard (Q, W, E, R, A, S, D, F, Z, X, C)

If you need more than 11 hotkeys, use all the ones nearby the right hand, for easy accessibility.

>Also, the healing class in the game is "Minstrel."

Oh. Try to make it more clear, I looked around for a Cleric, or priest, and looked in the tooltips and couldn't find anything that stood out as a healing class. Or maybe I'm just stupid, which is probably the truth. ;)

>There is a pre-made feature for this; type -questlog while in game
Ahh, couldn't find the command. Didn't really read Quests(F9), so thats probably why.. :p

I noticed on your site you wrote a full guide of the game...That is excellent. A lot of it made more sense to me once I read it.

Again, I hope this helps,

The Big S

Reaction score
Hehe thanks, good idea on the hotkeys :)

By the way, what is your In-Game-Name when you are playing Unnamed RPG...I've probably played with you before, I just don't recognize "Knights"

Knights

Reaction score
KnightsOfTables is my BNet name. I don't go on BNet often, so I probably havn't met you. I usually go in BNet if I'm bored, want to take a break, or need to test my map public. :)

When I played your game I hosted it myself, so I don't think you were there :p

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I don't like how like every ability is X*Stat (+ something?), it's kind of redundant and stupid. Maybe you could multiply it by something else, like, for that shield one, shouldn't it check the shield item not his strength?

The Big S

Reaction score
Not every ability is X Stat + Something, many are just based on stats.

The shield Bash spell requires you to have a shield equipped, and it does check that. Without a shield, you are unable to use the ability.

remix

Reaction score
About RPG'S

I love RPG's but the only thing is that i can't make the save/load codes so pls if you know how to do the save/load codes pls email me at [email protected] thanx :banghead: :nuts: :D

The Big S

Reaction score
I love RPG's but the only thing is that i can't make the save/load codes so pls if you know how to do the save/load codes pls email me at [email protected] thanx :banghead: :nuts: :D

I would recommend Neostorm's Password System. However, your request really belongs in the Map Help forum if you don't mind.

The Big S

Reaction score
v1.6 is now released.

Changelog

- Bloodpaw Gnolls will now correctly drop their loot instead of only swords.
- The level 15 Shadowknight spell will now correctly be enabled.
- "An Old Enemy" quest now correctly updates and completes.
- Respawn time has been reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Instance grace period reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- The level 10 Ranger spell "Bandage" will heal for the correct value.
- The durability on many items have been made to match their tooltips.
- Added a large number of names for each class.
- The level 5 Creature Handler spell "Call Pet (Rank 2)" now summons the correct bear pet.
- There is now a 50% chance to lose a durability point on items, instead of a 100% chance like there has been.
- Quests now play sounds when updating, completing, or receiving them.
- Creature Handler and Ranger should now correctly show their projectiles.
- You can now pay a small fee (5-10 gold) to revive at different towns.
- The Serjin Mining Outpost now has a healer.
- Clicking on a quest giver to turn in a quest multiple times in half a second will no longer give multiple rewards.
- Loading characters is only allowed within the first 5 minutes of game time.
- Repicking and loading characters now resets quests.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Also: www.unnamedorpg.com <-- new domain name :)

The Big S

Reaction score
v1.7 is now released.

Changelog

- Loading characters is now correctly disabled after 5 minutes of game time.
- Removed 90% of the chat-spam when loading a character.
- Loading and repicking now removes all items on the map that belong to you, to prevent the passing of items to alternate characters.
- Backpacks may now only hold items that are already bound to you.
- All items in your backpack and character inventory are now re-bound to you on loading.
- The gates in the Splinterlode Mines are no longer able to be destroyed.
- The Assassin spells "Backstab" and "Sneak" have had their tooltips corrected.
- Divine Protection now correctly has a hotkey.
- All Spellbooks now have the hotkey "Q"
- Backpack now has a hotkey "E"
- Proficiency books now have the hotkey "W"
- Attribute Leveling now has the hotkey "R"
- The Splinterlode Mines now require a minimum level of 10.
- The item "Mountaineer's Boots" now gives 2 QUI instead of 4.
- The Paladin spell "Smite" now does 3xINT damage/6xINT vs. Undead damage.
- The Guardian spell "Shield Slam" has had it's tooltip fixed.
- The paladin spell "Holy Strike" now does 2xVIG+10/15/20/25/30 damage.
- The tooltip for the "Revive at Serjin Mining Outpost" ability now says 10 gold instead of 5.
- Bandits will now correctly drop loot.
- The drop rate for an item from bandits and gnolls has been reduced from 20% to 15%.
- The Guardian spell "Shield Slam" now correctly detects the Dwarven-Steel Kite Shield.
- The cost of an Etherial Drake has been lowered to 1,200 GP.
- The cost of repairing items has been lowered to 50 GP.
- Black Mask Pounders are no longer a dark-red tint.
- The Ranger spell "Emberwild Arrow" now does 2xQUI damage (AOE)
- You will now only gain XP if the creature you kill is within 5 levels of your character.
- The -roll command now correctly works again.
- Both rings and necklaces may now be equipped at the same time.
- Added several new abilities.

DOWNLOAD HERE

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.