Unplayable Map, No Slots appear, Game cannot start.

AriesX_420

Reaction score
Hello, and I have experience with the editor and am using this as a last attempt and have searched for an answer but found nothing.

The map currently will not show the slots when I attempt to play the game on single player and will not even work online.

Note: My previous version works perfectly, and does not have this problem. I have had hundreds of version before that. The name of the game has not changed length at all, and i even tried to shorten it to a minimum of one character to test it.

My Question is what are some of the causes of this problem?
Ei: Bad imports? Bad triggers, Objects... Ive been tring to isolate the problem and what I did to cause it but no luck.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Would there be any big changes from the previous working versions to your current version? I've experienced having no player slots show up, but only from when I import a war3map.j that has syntax errors. But since you're working with the editor, I suppose you wouldn't have that problem.

AriesX_420

Reaction score
Yes there are some big changes, I have isolated the Problem to the trigger section. I have exported the Triggers, and Objects and imported them into separate blank maps, and the Map with the triggers is the one that does not register when I try to play it.

A am trying to delete triggers in hopes that in doing so will isolate the problem to a single trigger or possibly variable.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Generally that means there is a syntax error that was not fixed after there was an update, or that you mis-typed some Custom Script or Jass function

IE:
Trigger:
  • Examples
    • Custom Script: call Removelocation(udg_TempLocation) //error here
    • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLocation) //no error here

the only difference is the l and L, where the actual function has capitals, and the custom scripts are case sensitive.

GFreak45

Reaction score
no it does not give a syntax error, JNGP would, but the normal editor does not check the syntax of custom script and custom text triggers

It's wc3's way of checking the syntax of the map without allowing old maps to work, just check the syntax at run-time

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
My normal editor refuses to compile when I use call Removelocation.

GFreak45

Reaction score
maybe i had that wrong, that the normal editor would give a syntax error, but the JNGP wouldnt, because it doesnt check the normal scripts

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
What do you mean normal scripts? I thought JassHelper checks all script to see if they're correct. If you save and allow it to run, it'll probably spit out a syntax error as Removelocation isn't a function.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i mean gui triggers made in JNGP, idk if JNGP checks the gui triggers, it may not, and when you save it with a syntax error of some sort it wont open like that

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.