"Unreal Tournament III" Review and Details.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
ut3_logo2.jpg

Hello there, so, recently I have played Unreal Tournament III, my brother had asked me to, so I did.. 2 days have I played it, my 2 days that I had break. I have got to say, this is one kick-a** game...

The Game Unreal Tournament III starts in a time of Warfare and slaughter. In the far future of space travel and biologic advancement. Starting on Earth, you are part of this elite specials ops. team. Sadly you, (Reaper) have gotten your parents killed and their village burned by Akasha, a Necris leader.

So you and the Ronin team, which are the special ops. go to headquarters of the alliance, kind of, and you speak with Malcolm, he is a M***** F***** you don't know why yet, because you haven't finished the campaign, but I have...

So you embark your journey from several training sessions to major wars..
Anyways, this game is a first person shooter, using the highest quality Unreal Engine 3, with8 amazing dynamics, beating oblivion, like over a million single polygons in a creature, and amazing views overall.

Unreal Engine III

Intensely real gameplay, you move as normal, and have a list of weapons..

1.) Rocketlauncher - Pretty fricking amazing gun, it is what it is.. does what it is meant to do, major splash, damage, and cause hell.

It has a normal fire of 1 missile, secondary fire of a constant charge of up to 3 missles in either normal shot, locked to enemy shot, spiral shot, or bomb shot.

2.) Flak Cannon - My favorite gun, this gun shoot like 10 firecrackers that basically explode your enemy, they bounce of walls, and ground, but when close range to an enemy, boom, they explode one shot one kill.

First fire shots 10 flaks, secondary shoots a bomb that explodes into 10.

These are just some of the weapons.. there are much more.. like the bio-rifle, stinger, enforcer, impact hammer, link gun.. Redeemer...

Now comes to types of play.

Well, there are 6 for now, though they have promised more as they patch the game soon.

Deathmatch - Just a free for, all shoot off, with as many players as you want.
Featuring all guns, and no vehicles.

Team Deathmatch - Same, but you play team on team.

Capture the Flag - Basically like what the normal game is, but you dont win by killing, but by getting the enemy flag to your flag.
Features the translocator, a gun which allows you to teleport distances.

Vehicle Capture the Flag - Same, but with vehicles (ill tell you some later..)
Feathers the translocator, and the Hoverboard, a fast instant hovering skate board that lets you move faster... much faster..

Warfare - A gameplay with extra weapons and vehicles. Here you have a core, in your central base of operations, this core usually is surrounded by nodes, they connect to your core, you go on them, you get them, and the vehicles that come with them in thier small little base. If you get a node that is linked or connected to your enemies core, you may attack it, in other words, kill it, to win.

Features all. Vehicles, guns, hover board, translocator...

Duel Mode - The last mode out, this is just a death match one on one.

Some future modes...

Assualt - this mode will be like a mission your team has to do. it will be one team offense, one defense, and then you will have to activate something, maybe drop a bridge...

There are 2 teams as you know, the good and the bad.
Well with these 2 teams there are 2 sets of vehicles..
The Necris, and the Axon.

Some Axon Vehicles, are the manta, a small super fast reliable mount. It shoots small laser energy balls at enemies, and has 2 massive fans hovering it over the ground. My favorite and cheapest vehicle.

Some Necris... The Scavenger.. A ball of energy with legs, which can fire a beam which leaves nothing in its path. It can turn into a battle droid sort of ball and squish enemy units just like that.

This game has some amazing additions, and a all new character customization looks. You can fully customize your battle suit as you play.

rtwbqfmznf.jpg

Enjoy, But I rate this game 10/10, and make sure you have a good system, because you will lag to H*** if you have even a medium system o_O...

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
That unreal engine is freakin amazing. Can't wait til this game comes out.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
The unreal engine is the only thing I can really covet in this world.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I played the demo until i knew those three included maps by heart. its a great game but unfortunately I'm not 18+ yet :(

Chjoodge

Reaction score
Unreal Tournaments were always fantastic games. Especially the very first one. I am so disappointed that it no longer runs on my computer (it hates WinXP or s/t).

Xapphire

Reaction score
This game is amazing, sorry for the delay, but i do not visit too often.. :)

You can get his game at you nearest Bestbuy, or Gamestop for PC. Otherwise, they are making a PS3 version I believe. Known to come early next year.

This game is remarkable if you use all its capabilities like characterization and weapon system, and personalize your keys and everything, but make sure that you don't think that all that there is currently is it. They are promising us constant updates with many more game modes like Assualt, and countless new weapons and Vehicles, and charactes you can play with.

And also, if you are starting, don't start on easy please, that ruins all the fun. So.. be a man and stand up for hard..! -Xapphire :<3:)<3

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
It is an interesting feature that they completely replaced Artificial Intelligence with Artificial Stupidity.
I like to play in single player and I have to say these are the worst bots I have ever seen. Seriously, in one campaign mission you have to control a node for 60 seconds in order to receive Leviathan, the most kickass vehicle in the game. Holding it for 60 seconds proven to be extremely difficult when all your teammates are out wandering instead of helping you. When I finally managed to defend the node and get a Leviathan everyone suddenly popped up there out of nowhere and I didn't get to be the driver.
Now the worst part...after about 10 seconds of driving the driver bot crashed and turned it upside down. :eek:
The second time I managed to get it I was the driver, but nobody was there to join me so it almost got destroyed in the end.
Other examples include trying to drive a Goliath through a wall, camping in the enemy base (WTH) instead of trying to defend the flag carrier, splitting up when teamwork is essential...

Well, apart from this, the game is just pure awesome, but the lack of a (good) AI is quite enough to ruin one's gaming experience.

Xapphire

Reaction score
That is why I have told you never to play the easiest or an easy mode. Lol you're talking about the mission with the forest rite and the rivers. Yeah.. it gets much more fun dun worry ^.^

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I was playing on Normal, setting it to Hard didn't change much - the enemy just became more accurate.
My team remained stupid - a teammate tried to ran over me when I was carrying the flag, didn't do damage, but he drove me away from our base and let the enemy hit me. He then picked up the flag and started running into a wall right outside the base. :eek:
The fact I won that one was just pure luck. They also never made any attempt to take the Goliath in the middle, who even needs that thing, why not just let the enemy go on a rampage? :rolleyes:

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I mainly play muiltiplayer, real player's are a lot more fun to play against. Also, they make more mistakes.

I didn't see any grave AI mistakes, dunno why. Maybe a patch will improve the AI.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Well, they make it so you dun rely on ur team, which is kinda smart on skill, but not for tactics I guess, still, i guess you can get fun out of it.

The ending sucks like hell though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.