ourmapur8.jpg

Players: 1-8
Map Size: 128x128
Levels: 27
Spell Modifications: 5
Unit Modifications: 8
Game Time: About 1 hour

Progress:
Units: 98% (properties of some units need to be adjusted)
Triggers: 98% (Multi-board still needs to be configured)
Terrain: 100%
Balancing: 96%

Beta Release Date: 8/15/08

How to Play:
You start out with no units, 1 building and a backup tower at the "finish line". You can build up to 5 unique units from your Temple of Doom. Each unit can be upgraded 2 times. Unit upgrades are in place in such a way that it changes the way the previous unit worked. It's not like your normal TD upgrades where you click an upgrade button and get a new unit either. For purposes of keeping the number of units players will get, we have put in a sort of a unit trade-off trigger. In other words, you take 5 of these units and you get 1 brand new unit that does more damage. It may sound odd and clunky but it adds so much to the map in terms of strategy, timing and managing your economy. We have broken down all the different types of units into Tiers.

The game adds a certain extra dimension to gameplay. Based on your situation you will need to build specific units. You will also need to use rally points (hence the name of the map). I am trying to make each unit have a purpose and prevent the possibility of winning by massing one unit type.

Creeps currently spawn at the rate of 3 creeps every 3 seconds for each player that is in the game. Each level lasts 2 minutes. This, however, is currently being tested. We would like to see a lot more units in the map but due to restrictions (with leaks and just the sheer number of units on the map) we might have to find an alternate way for setting up how the levels come and go. We are accepting ideas/suggestions for creep ideas (like...fast levels, slow levels). NOTE - This is an air based creep defense, there are no ground creeps.

The top 4 players and the bottom 4 players each have 1 life. If 1 unit gets by the defense, its game over for the leaking team. So long as your team doesn't loose it's only life, you can play for as long as you can (or until all 27 levels..if you live that long).

What is so different about this map? Why should I play it?
As a map maker, I have played a lot of defense games. They are my favorite type of game to play. I wanted to make a defense game where you don't just build, sit, upgrade. I am trying to keep the game active to where your always doing something. Instead of using towers, you use units. The units you use will drastically change the way you play the game. You can make it as hard or as easy as you want. There will some levels where you can sit and just watch (or go help your allies) and there are some levels that are pretty tough. The point is this, you have a huge amount of flexibility. You can always try different things. While you can find a winning strategy, it doesn't mean that its the only one. Several ways to play. Unit abilities are cool and just fun to look at.

Units:
Tier 1:
  • Archer - Damage: 10, Range: Farthest, Attack Speed: Slowest, Cost: 2 wood
  • Riflemen - Damage: 5, Range: Normal, Attack Speed: Slower, Cost: 2 wood
  • Skeleton Archer - Damage: 2, Range: Normal, Attack Speed: Slow,Movement Speed:Fastest Cost: 1 wood
  • Spearmon - Damage: 20, Range: Normal, Attack Speed: Slow, Cost: 4 wood (Requires Spec Op Training)
  • Wizard - AOE Damage: 50 per target (3 target max), Range: Small, Attack Speed:Slow,Cost: 4 wood (Requires Spec Op Training)
Tier 2:
  • Bowman - Damage: 10, Range: Farther, Attack Speed: Normal, Cost: Sacrifice 5 Archers. Also has the poison ability that adds +10 damage and applies a dot that does 5 damage a second.
  • Marine - Damage: 10, Range: Normal, Attack Speed: Normal, Cost: Sacrifice 5 Riflemen.
  • Yeoman - Damage 10, Range: Normal, Attack Speed: Normal, Movement Speed: Fastest, Cost: Sacrifice 5 Skeleton Archers.
  • Troll Berserker - Damage: 25, Range: Short, Attack Speed: Slow, Ability: Slow Attack (Slows units down by 75% for 10 seconds). Cost: Sacrifice 5 Spearmon.
  • Dark Wizard - Damage: 100 per target (6 targets max), Range: Normal, Attack Speed: Normal, Cost: Sacrifice 10 Wizards
Tier 3:
  • Marksman - Damage: 15, Multi-shot (3 targets max),Attack Speed: Fast, Cost: Sacrifice 10 Bowman
  • Super Marine - Damage: 15, Attack speed: Rapid Fire, Cost: Sacrifice 10 Marines
  • Burning Archer - Damage: 15, Attack Speed: Fastest(rapid fire), Ability: Searing Arrows, Cost: Sacrifice 10 Yeoman
  • Chainmain - Needs a new name, AOE slowing ability, Damage: Accepting Ideas, Cost: Sacrifice 10 Troll Berserkers.
  • Warlock - Heavy AOE Damage: 200 per target (9 targets max), Attack Speed: Normal, Ability: Lightening Storm.
In Closing:
The map is pretty much done. except for balancing and a few touch ups and/or adding anything else we can think of. I would also like to make custom Buff/Effects icons to reflect what is actually going on. By custom I don't mean new icons and whatnot, the tooltips just need to be changed. From time to time I will be adding special features to the map. Custom camera angles is pretty high on the list. If I have time I will probably get a youtube video preview going.

Current List of Things We Might Include
  • Custom Icons for Buff/Effects to reflect what is really going on.
  • Tooltips fine tuned
  • Custom Camera Angels
  • Video Preview
  • Turn it into a competative Top VS. Bottom map
  • MORE creeps

Currently Working On
  • Balancing the last 4 levels
  • Rigging a multi-board to keep track of sacrifices
  • Refining tooltips
  • Adding Custom Camera Angels
  • Making this thread more "pretty" :p

Looking for people to help test the map, PM me for details

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.