Upgrading ability

sensesxfailx

Reaction score
I am having trouble making a trigger. First of all my map is an AOS type map. I need a trigger that when you upgrade iron plating, your computer player also upgrades their units defense. I just need help being pointed in the right direction i am sure its something easy its just at the moment i am brain dead and cant think of a code that would do this easily. If you need more explanation the map Human Vs Orc does something like this but instead of it being a hero ability i want it to just be a regular upgrade that you can research from a building. If that is confusing just tell me ill try and explain it in a different way. Thanks.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Some unit) to research Defend

Not going to go in depth right now but it has something to do with this.

sensesxfailx

Reaction score
I know it requires that but the problem is there's alot more to it then just that simple line of code. I'm not at my computer so I cannot write out the code I tried but if anyone else can try and help or think of a better way to upgrade the units I'm open to ideas thank you

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think this should work
Trigger:
  • upgrade trig
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Iron Plating
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Plating to 1 for Player 2 (Blue)

tiennen07

Reaction score
I think this should work
Trigger:
  • upgrade trig
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Iron Plating
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Plating to 1 for Player 2 (Blue)

Looks like this guy hit the nail on the head.

you could even go a bit more in-depth and set the level of research equal to the level of the skill you are researching. Currently i am at work, or I would try to work it out.

sensesxfailx

Reaction score
Alright another problem as occured. I need to upgrade the tech of every player but in the trigger raise the tech level of ability to # for player, there is no player group just player options. idk how to make it work for everyone.
Trigger:
  • Armor
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Upgrade Armor
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Researching unit)) is in Red_Force) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade Armor to (Research_lvl + 1) for (Triggering player)
          • Set Research_lvl = (Research_lvl + 1)
          • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Researching unit))) + Has Just upgraded your armor)
        • Else - Actions

Theres the trigger hope you guys can help me out

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.