Upgrading Turret

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Sigh...

How do I upgrade 1 turret without upgrading all turrets?
Do I really need to give them all diffirent weapons?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
What do you mean exactly? By turrets are you referring to units or the turret objects? Also what are you trying to upgrade? Are you trying to upgrade 1 unit or 1 unit-type?

Kyuft

Reaction score
She wants to upgrade 1 unit and not a unit type. My guess is that she wants to upgrade a turret unit, like sentry turret. My solution would be to give the turret a spell that runs an effect that gives the caster a buff. There is probably a better way to do this though. I'm not experienced with upgrades.

-Kyuft:shades:

Dave312

Reaction score
My solution would be to give the turret a spell that runs an effect that gives the caster a buff.

Actually that's not a bad idea. Would be fairly easy to set up. The only problem would be the that you are restricted in the changes you can make to a unit (they would have to be via the Modification property of the behaviour). There is also the issue about modifying turrets on a unit without creating new actors.

The proper way of doing this would be to create a whole new unit and then use a morph to upgrade between the two.

Kyuft

Reaction score
I do not think she is talking about a turret (like seige mode siege tank). I think she means the unit (like sentry turret). However, I'm not sure.

-Kyuft:shades:

Dave312

Reaction score
I realise what you meant, but those turret units generally still use turret objects.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
ok read the next sentence carefully:

What I mean is if I have 5 turrets in a row and upgrade 1 of these turrets, all turrets will be upgraded
For example, if I want upgrade the damage of turret 1, the damage of turret 2,3,4 and 5 also are going to upgrade, this is wrong!

Understand what I mean and know how I can fix it?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you should do what Kyuft suggested, and make an ability which applies a permanent buff which gives the upgrade. The alternative is create separate units and morph between them.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I still don't get it !

Scv's can build missile turrets, but the problem is that you upgrade all missile turrets when upgraded 1 turret
You guys know a real tower defence? here is the same thing, if you upgrade 1 tower, you not upgrade all the towers

Hmm, hope you understand me now

(no, I don't mean the turrets in the 'combat' folder in the weapons list Dave)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The upgrades in tower defense maps usually work by having a different unit for each level. So you have the units: "Plasma Tower - Level 1", "Plasma Tower - Level 2" and "Plasma Tower - Level 3" for example. You then use a morph ability to upgrade a tower to the next level.

Dave312

Reaction score
I still don't get it !

Scv's can build missile turrets, but the problem is that you upgrade all missile turrets when upgraded 1 turret
You guys know a real tower defence? here is the same thing, if you upgrade 1 tower, you not upgrade all the towers

Hmm, hope you understand me now

(no, I don't mean the turrets in the 'combat' folder in the weapons list Dave)

I know what you're talking about. What Kyuft suggested was to create an ability which is given to the towers. This ability applies a behaviour to that tower which grants your bonus attack damage (or what ever you want). We aren't using an upgrade so it it wont affect any other towers. Like I said previously and what Siretu said, the alternative is to create separate units and morph between them.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Understand it now !!

But how exactly do I create this morphings and abilities?
Do I have to duplicate 10 marines if I want 10 upgrades for the marine?

Pls explain me how I create this 'change actor' trigger when press the ability button

Dave312

Reaction score
Correct. We have a tutorial on morphing abilities here which should explain everything you need to know.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

I think I'll quit using this editor cuz it really drives me crazy sometimes !

I created a morph ability for the marine I (morph from 'marine I to marine II)
I also changed the actor event like the tutorial above said

The next problem I got now is that the marine disappears when clicking the 'morph to marine II' button !!
I really searched over hours for this problem and couldn't find anything

Does anyone knows why the marine I disappears when clicking the 'morph to marine II' button?

I really want to fix this, or I spend all time on it for nothing sigh... (I really have to calm down)

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Reaction score
I assume the marine II appears after the morph is complete?

There are two things that could be causing this issue:
1) Make sure that the morph event on the Marine I actor is AbilMorph.*.Finish
2) Make sure that the morph event on the Marine II actor is AbilMorph.*.Finish

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
the tutorial said I only need to make a 'finish event' on the marine and not in the warpig

So I do really need a finish action in the 'marine I' event AND in the marine II event? alright I'm gonna try this

another thing: you said the marine II might appear after the morph is complete, but where can I see if the morph is complete, there is no que timer or something which indicate the time it takes

Dave312

Reaction score
You need 2 events: 1 on the marine and 1 on the warpig (or Marine II in this case). The event on Marine I destroys the current actor for the unit. The event of Marine II creates the new actor. So without this event, your Marine II actor is not being created and hence why you can't see anything.

To show the progress bar, check the Show Progress flag under the Stats: Flags + property on the morph ability.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Done it! it works

My morph ability works for the first time!!

Marine I actor art: 0.75
Marine II actor art: 1.00

The marine II has the same size of the marine I, it seems it's not getting bigger after upgrade tower but I can live with that!

Dave312

Reaction score
Select the actor for your Marine II unit, open up the Property: Accepted Property Transfers + and uncheck Scale

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.