US News US strike against Syria 'as early as Thursday'

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Missile strikes against Syria could be launched "as early as Thursday," senior U.S. officials said Tuesday as the White House intensified efforts for an international response to a suspected chemical weapons attack that killed hundreds in a Damascus suburb last week.

The "three days" of strikes would be limited in scope, and aimed at sending a message to the regime of Syria President Bashar Assad, U.S. officials told NBC News.

The U.S. officials reiterated that any military action would not aim to kill Assad and would be limited because the goal would be to respond to the use of chemical weapons. Command and control bunkers, airfields and artillery would be targeted.

Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not about killing Assad, its about killing anybody else but letting him live. After all, he didnt launch the chemical weapons, it was his mooks. He didnt kill nobody with his own hands. So they let him live, why not?

Zakyath

Reaction score
why is it okay for the american government to kill people, but not the syrian government? it doesn't matter what weapons are being used - at least not to the dead.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
why is it okay for the american government to kill people, but not the syrian government? it doesn't matter what weapons are being used - at least not to the dead.

It's not, but they like to tell us that it is.

And no, it doesn't matter to the dead, but it matters greatly to the dying. Most anyone would rather be shot in the head than have one of these crazy chemical toxins destroy them more slowly from the inside out.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I hate conspiracy theories.

But this whole thing is very sketchy. Obviously usage of a chemical weapon would prompt such a reaction from the U.S as well as other western nations, so why would the Syrian government dig their own grave? Don't tell me because he's a "crazy dictator", because dictator or not, you don't stay in power for so many years by being a moron. Furthermore, Russia commented that they saw no evidence that specifically the Syrian government launched the chemical attack. Why would Russia want to look like an idiot worldwide if there was concrete evidence? Also the whole U.N investigation thing. They start their investigation, sniper attacks, no one dies, investigation postponed for their safety.

And I'm not saying it is a conspiracy, but to me, this whole thing is just very sketchy.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Russia already looks like an idiot worldwide. There is no way to look any more like an idiot for them.
They say that there is nothing going on because of two reasons; 1) syria is an ally, or at least a good business partner. 2) they really dont like the west to attack syria and "take it over".

I dont know if there have been any actual chemical weapons deployed. I doubt that the rebels would do it on their own people. Maybe they would do a chemical weapon attack at the capital city or at a military base, but what good would it be to kill your own kind? Just to hope for a reaction from the west? They certainly dont look that desperate to me.
And it doesnt have to be like Assad issued an order to use chemical weapons. Its not like this is assad with an army of robot slaves running that country. Maybe one of his generals lost his mind or it was the fault of a single soldier going rambo or something. Maybe they try to cover up an internal struggle for power.
Maybe it isnt even Assad who holds the power but the illuminati on their quest to kill the last descendant of jesus; who knows...

To cut it short: Go USA, nuke the world, I support any act of international violence!

shinami

Reaction score
Russia already looks like an idiot worldwide. There is no way to look any more like an idiot for them.
They say that there is nothing going on because of two reasons; 1) syria is an ally, or at least a good business partner. 2) they really dont like the west to attack syria and "take it over".

I dont know if there have been any actual chemical weapons deployed. I doubt that the rebels would do it on their own people. Maybe they would do a chemical weapon attack at the capital city or at a military base, but what good would it be to kill your own kind? Just to hope for a reaction from the west? They certainly dont look that desperate to me.
And it doesnt have to be like Assad issued an order to use chemical weapons. Its not like this is assad with an army of robot slaves running that country. Maybe one of his generals lost his mind or it was the fault of a single soldier going rambo or something. Maybe they try to cover up an internal struggle for power.
Maybe it isnt even Assad who holds the power but the illuminati on their quest to kill the last descendant of jesus; who knows...

To cut it short: Go USA, nuke the world, I support any act of international violence!

I actually wanted to include that as possible reasoning for the claim, but didn't want to spark a pointless argument by accident.

A few years back I probably would've looked at this whole affair and gone 'meh, I don't care', but for some reason I've gotten really tired of hearing about all of this violence, for some reason it makes me a bit sad. I think I'm slowly becoming more of a pussy as I'm getting older.

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

Are you just trolling?

If not, take a look at this. http://www.youtube.com/user/StormCloudsGathering
First video is enough. Problem with the word conspiracy theory is that people apply it to anything which isn't mainstream these days. We're a world drowning in idiots, aren't we?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I am always trolling. But that doesnt mean that what I post makes no sense.

shinami

Reaction score
Thank you for your input, Firecat. As always, very informative. I did not know violence doesn't bring happiness.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
You say that like you're proud not to have seen a great movie?
Didn't you broke the rule? lol Anyway, Proud or not proud It doesn't matter.
There's nothing great about this movie what so ever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.