Useful tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
This topic will tell you about tips to help you in making maps and using this forum to your advantage.

Helpful files and hints involving map editing:
Look near the bottom for the files you want
  • Type in 8739 in the time for the technology you want for instant upgrades.
    For more on this, visit this thread.
  • If you get a problem with one trigger, try spreading it into two triggers.
  • Use a modified editor such as Stardraft and SCXE; if you need help installing/using them, you can ask me or other people.
  • Also try getting GUEdit, it has many options that are very useful like protecting a map and setting "Custom Player Colors" on a player. These are the unique colors you see on the units in some maps.
    If for some reason the link for GUEdit is down (it almost always is, if so, try downloading off HELLSS' site) If none of these links work, download off my site. (mirror)
  • If you want to stack something, such as minerals, use SCM Tool Kit. For tutorials on using it, click here.
  • Look in older topics to see if you can get your question answered before posting a new topic.
  • Private message one of the moderators, or just post on the forum if you need further help on your problem.

Modified Editors
  • SCXE - (mirror1) (mirror2)
  • Stardraft - (mirror1)

All-in-one Editor
  • Another modified editor that lets you both stack and create square terrain at the same time, StarForge. It is a little buggy however as it is in its early stages and some of the normal features found in other editors are disabled, such as the player properties and upgrade settings. To set this program up you must extract the entire directory with Use folder names enabled and run the exe. Thanks to DevliN[V] for giving a pointer on this excellent editor.
  • StarForge - (mirror1) (mirror2)

Other Files

[edit]Added to by HELLSS
[edit]Fixed the links and added more files.
[edit]Added a StarForge link, thanks again to DevliN[V].

D

DrPimp

i have and use those already but i just wanted to say that dont link dont work either =]

U

Unregistered

ok, since it says to ask about Stardraft and stuff, whats up with the cant find file font/font.gid and the arr one can u please help me so i can make a patch for bw

U

Unregistered

Stardraft

Stardraft wont seem to work for me. I always get a cannot open file error or a storm.dll file isnt compatible error. Ive tried downloading it (stardraft) twice, and ive tried using it with starcraft 1.05,1.07, and 1.10. None of them work. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Ilendil

Reaction score
Have you tried copying storm.dll from the Starcraft folder to the folder Stardraft is installed in?

D

DevliN[V]

You may want to include a link to StarForge if you can. It's the best terrain editor out there right now (yes, even better than GUEdit, and 100x faster).

Ilendil

Reaction score
Added info on the editor and two links, and yes I agree, this editor is very useful and easy to use.

E

Evil Twin

Wrong and right

Illendil or how ever you spell it, I use SCXE for a lot of things, but on some cases it really screws up the map, or makes it harder to use, first of all, 2.6 has a thing where you can''t see the whole trigger box, and stacking minerals is easyer than jus' using SCM tool kit, scmdraft is a lot better, laymode>overlay> SCM alpha is better than beta, and I have nothing else, I know a lot a bout' map making so ask me some time and I'll ask you...

C

Coop

SCM Draft is a very good editor, but it has some glitches in it still. I would much rather trust SCXE though, but SCM Draft is good to use for all those other tricks SCXE cant do yet. I have found no problems with SCXE yet =/.

V

Venarius

Errror with Stardraft when I try to run it on WinXP....

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of it's dependecies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I dled it from the second mirror up top...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.