Useful Tools Thread

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Im using newgen, and one thing I dislike about it and one of the most important things i need from it is being able to use Many tilesets, snese I have a big map, style is similar to azeroth wars... no matter how much i try to mess with it, it wont add more then 8 tilesets, and only ones i, able too. anyone able to help?
1) - Open your map.

2) - Go to extensions-> Edit Tileset

3) - Edit your tiles to whatever you wish (up to 16 tiles)

4) - Once you click OK it should save. DO NOT SAVE AFTER THIS (last time I did that the tiles get reset) Just IMMEDIATELY exit WE without any afterward stuff, and then reopen it. Open your map and you should have your tiles.

Yes, it is completely possible it is just that people aren't really fond of what you are supposed to do. I wasn't until PitzerMike told me to reset WE.

S

Sims_Doc

May i ask. and im say this even known u will say no Dose anyone have a good warcraft 3
MDX to MDL convter that can also do MDL to MDX??

Hosc2410

Omg i got a Virus Trojan Backdoor something buy downloading:
Jass NewGen Pack (assembled by Vexorian)
Probably the best WE ever assembled. If you aren't bugged at having to look at all the necessary files in the extraction, just use the "NewGen WE.exe", you can control a Warcraft III map editor far better than any of the others around there. Most importantly, there are a lot of built in JASS tools, and there are various controls to further manage your maps efficiently. You can even test the map in a movable window (changed to open war3.exe as a window, already possible, but now more convenient).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Jass NewGen relies on DLL injection which some antiviruses detect as a threat despite the fact it isn't.

Infinity.4Sk

Yes, if you want more information about tools, or feel any tools are missing, Hive Workshop will probably have them, (it's one of the affliated sites so for a link just click on the 'HIVE' button) :thup:

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Yes it does. I just checked it then.

WC3C has been down in the past couple of days though. It's up again now.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
The Icon Border Pack doesn't contain the gold border used on the Gold/Lumber/Food/Mana tooltips.
The little, 10x10?, icons that appear in tooltips when building/summoning/casting something.

[del]I've attached a IconBorderPack PSD file with this border.[/del]
Removed.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found a real nice Photo Converter, Very simple usage, Open Picture, Convert to different file type. :thup:

Removed

Any issues can just PM me.
I would say that program is unsafe to use.

No viruses, but it starts a process that takes up to 100 cpu and it actually does nothing.

MasterOfRa

I wrote a program that lets you get the 3 values for unit damage(base value, number of die, and sides per die) by entering the min and max damage. It works with things like 0 - 2 or -5 - 25 as well. It works with bounty amount, and anything else that would use those types of values.

> Anybody knows?
The Widgetizer doesn't override your map - it copies it widgetizes it in the folder Output. Are you sure you were testing the one that is created in Output?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I have a GIF though
    In the GIF, I've configured it so the lower the "Main Value" is, the better. I had to compress it pretty far down though.
    And this is the thread with the video that shows the wall clip. https://tasvideos.org/Forum/Topics/23453
    +2
    Hmm, about the Headline News, I noticed threads are being moved into the subforum (Health News, Environmental News, etc.). When that happens, the TH Forum Home page loses the articles, and instead would show old articles posted 1 or 2 weeks ago.
    What do we do with the Home page?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I added those forums to the filter for that widget.
    +1
    Oh nice. They're back. Thanks.
    Now I think it makes more sense for me to put news in their own subforums, without worry.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Awesome Ghan thanks! I was purposely not moving the first 15 news articles in Headline news to the different subforums but I guess I don't have to do that now?
    Question: Is there a way to remove thread redirects? It creates a copy of the moved thread and takes up space, and I am leaning towards wanting to remove them in the Headline News. But if they have an expiration date, I guess I'm fine with it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you move a thread please leave a permanent redirect. You can delete any redirects after 6 months. The redirects are left to help Search Engines find the moved content.
    What if you move the permanent redirect, not the thread?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think that works but I have not messed with it. You can delete redirects though if you have to that will not delete the original thread
  • The Helper The Helper:
    if a redirect ends up in the same forum as the post it goes to though I think the redirect drops or fails or something but they are not bugged out and when you are working on an indirect the original post is safe.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Early Friday :)
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday :)
    Fun Friday for me
    Happy Fun Friday to all.
    +2
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Sunday everyone!!!
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Sunday!!!
    +1
  • jonas jonas:
    Happy monday :p
  • jonas jonas:
    Everyone hates mondays?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday!
  • jonas jonas:
    Happy belated tuesday

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.