Useful Tools Thread

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
NewGen has it's own thread around here, you can find the list there.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Sfilip, can you implement a unit balancer within NewGen?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the Ahem? Your link only gives colors, but I was hoping for Sfilip to answer if he could inplement unit balancing features into NewGen.

Unless I miss something...

Drazalon

Reaction score
wow this appealed to me. from all the MPQs i used in the past, i can finally straighten up!

is there program that would convert a w3x map into a w3c map? like for HLW the creators imported untils but made it playable on RoC. Ive ask many people in the past and up to now who still dont know. any suggestions? since i would love to convert my tft sources into roc compatible.

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
No program can tell you how to balance lol
You make the units the way you want, if you want a fair chance, do your best, test your heart out, wait for complaints, then change.

No unit is unbalanced unless multiple people say it is.

The programs that "balance" are just attempts for attention.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
So, you could set each of the heroes' attack damages to 100000 and then wait for "Man, this is way balanced than <whatever map put here>!" That's balanced alright...

When is it possible to change triggers in realtime while testing out on WC3?

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
So, you could set each of the heroes' attack damages to 100000 and then wait for "Man, this is way balanced than <whatever map put here>!" That's balanced alright...

When is it possible to change triggers in realtime while testing out on WC3?

You do know theres such a thing as common sense right?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I know. Wc3 could repeat itself being tested on one single core, the other core is used for editing the Wc3.

I am wrong.

San-D

Reaction score
I have a question. Im using WC3 v1.21. The WEU says its for v1.20. Is this the reason why none of the "Advanced" functions in the WEU do not work. And if so is there a version of WEU for WC3 v1.20?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
WEU is outdated, there is no new version.
Advanced triggers need to be enabled using WEU Enhancer and you have to Init them using a special action.

San-D

Reaction score
I have New Gen, but it does not have these extra functions! I mainly want the GUI functions, I dont realy care for the limit-lifter. Is there a problem with usin WEU 1.20 on a WC3 1.21?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question. Im using WC3 v1.21. The WEU says its for v1.20. Is this the reason why none of the "Advanced" functions in the WEU do not work. And if so is there a version of WEU for WC3 v1.20?
I think not until PitzerMike updates the WEU. You may send him a PM.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Errmm..Help..?

When I run the program first a pictue apper showing brown background and "Warcraft III Image extractor".

And then this apper in a new little bok with (!) icon.

Run time error '5':
Invalid prosedure call or argument

To say it nicly that tells me not a god dam fuckings shit! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
1. Post it in the WE Help Zone. You get faster help from there.
2. Please, fix your spelling, don't cuss, and just be polite. Not all helps are welcome, you know?

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Hi!
I downloaded gmax, but whats the point of it? It doesnt seem to support .mdl nor .mdx, couldn't import or export anymodels of those formats

punwisp

Reaction score
Im using newgen, and one thing I dislike about it and one of the most important things i need from it is being able to use Many tilesets, snese I have a big map, style is similar to azeroth wars... no matter how much i try to mess with it, it wont add more then 8 tilesets, and only ones i, able too. anyone able to help?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.