Useful Tools Thread

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Im using newgen, and one thing I dislike about it and one of the most important things i need from it is being able to use Many tilesets, snese I have a big map, style is similar to azeroth wars... no matter how much i try to mess with it, it wont add more then 8 tilesets, and only ones i, able too. anyone able to help?

1) - Open your map.

2) - Go to extensions-> Edit Tileset

3) - Edit your tiles to whatever you wish (up to 16 tiles)

4) - Once you click OK it should save. DO NOT SAVE AFTER THIS (last time I did that the tiles get reset) Just IMMEDIATELY exit WE without any afterward stuff, and then reopen it. Open your map and you should have your tiles.

Yes, it is completely possible it is just that people aren't really fond of what you are supposed to do. I wasn't until PitzerMike told me to reset WE.

S

Sims_Doc

May i ask. and im say this even known u will say no Dose anyone have a good warcraft 3
MDX to MDL convter that can also do MDL to MDX??

Hosc2410

Reaction score
Omg i got a Virus Trojan Backdoor something buy downloading:
Jass NewGen Pack (assembled by Vexorian)
Probably the best WE ever assembled. If you aren't bugged at having to look at all the necessary files in the extraction, just use the "NewGen WE.exe", you can control a Warcraft III map editor far better than any of the others around there. Most importantly, there are a lot of built in JASS tools, and there are various controls to further manage your maps efficiently. You can even test the map in a movable window (changed to open war3.exe as a window, already possible, but now more convenient).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Jass NewGen relies on DLL injection which some antiviruses detect as a threat despite the fact it isn't.

meehael

Reaction score
Here's a nifty little app for creating text color codes easily, made by me.

Regards!

Attachments

• WorldEdit ColorGen.zip
    33 KB · Views: 562

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Here's a nifty little app for creating text color codes easily, made by me.

Regards!

You made this? Wow! Thanks i needed this. I will award you with reputation when i can confirm this is made by you.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
How do I download vexorian's map optimizer with a mac?
All the jZip downloads are for windows o_O

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
Yes, if you want more information about tools, or feel any tools are missing, Hive Workshop will probably have them, (it's one of the affliated sites so for a link just click on the 'HIVE' button) :thup:

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Yes it does. I just checked it then.

WC3C has been down in the past couple of days though. It's up again now.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
The Icon Border Pack doesn't contain the gold border used on the Gold/Lumber/Food/Mana tooltips.
The little, 10x10?, icons that appear in tooltips when building/summoning/casting something.

[del]I've attached a IconBorderPack PSD file with this border.[/del]
Removed.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found a real nice Photo Converter, Very simple usage, Open Picture, Convert to different file type. :thup:

Removed

Any issues can just PM me.

I would say that program is unsafe to use.

No viruses, but it starts a process that takes up to 100 cpu and it actually does nothing.

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
I wrote a program that lets you get the 3 values for unit damage(base value, number of die, and sides per die) by entering the min and max damage. It works with things like 0 - 2 or -5 - 25 as well. It works with bounty amount, and anything else that would use those types of values.

8uY_YoU

Reaction score
I used Widgetizer and my map loading doesnt faster than before i used Widgetizer
Anybody knows?

Reaction score
> Anybody knows?
The Widgetizer doesn't override your map - it copies it widgetizes it in the folder Output. Are you sure you were testing the one that is created in Output?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.