User Created Music

Should thehelper.net allow music to be posted?

• Yes, Music should be allowed in posts!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No, I think it would be fualty/other negative reasons!

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Ive searched for about 5 minutes now and I havn't found any posts with user created music... Probably because its not the focus of war craft editors / enthusiasts and I think because we are un-able to post music on the-helper.

I have read of some users requesting music for their maps as little snippets / peices to help boost game play quality. I think it would be far more interesting if we were able to help each other / simply post our own created bits of music as we can with images, skins,models, maps and so on.

(To the mods/admins, wink wink nudge nudge :p )

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If you mean music that plays on the SITE, then hell no. That'll screw something up down the line.

If you mean music files and whatnot, that's not... Really legal, is it?

Then again, you said "user created", so I guess that's fine.

Now, if you mean any kind of music for a map or something: Music and maps don't mix. Most music files are WAY too big to be put in a map without making the map HUGE. Trust me, people have tried.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Simply attach the music file to your post. If the file type is not allowed, put it into a zipped folder and post it.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Hopw do you upload it right onto page like your link? (Frank zappa painful pee one)

http://rapidshare.de/files/9903424/Diamond_Coconut.mp3.html

Oopen that up, scroll down and select in the big obvious box "Free!" (download)

Then opens another page. Wait 20 seconds for the que to finish up.

Then scrolll down the new page where there is a little code. Type it in hit "start download" to start download.

Now select open on the pop up and start downloding my wonderfully (poorly rendered) mp3.

:cool:

Sargon

Reaction score
Uploading music files of other artists is of very dubious legality. I'm going to remove the file links from this topic unless you establish that it's OK to have them on there (if you made the file yourself, for instance; if so, just say so and I'll undelete them).

F

-fool-

its no different than if i went to your house and gave you the cd for a week is it sargon?

Sargon

Reaction score
-fool- said:
its no different than if i went to your house and gave you the cd for a week is it sargon?

Yes, it is different, because that does not go through this site.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.