Using imported files

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I imported a .wav sound, and it let me preview it in the editor. But in the Sound Data editor I can't find an Imported Sound folder, and I can't find a way to access the file I imported with triggers. How can I do this?

Reaction score
Sorry ROTS, I imported an mp3 to my map and was unable to find it as well. Tried setting the folder hierarchies to match the existing Assets one, but to no avail.

I'll keep looking.

bobby5589

Reaction score
Imported files don't show up in the file trees.

Go to view->view raw data (ctrl + D) and then enter the file location manually.

bobby5589

Reaction score
Um, Sorry I guess I'm wrong on this one or I dare say it's either a mistake or on purpose by Blizzard.

It seems that while viewing the raw data for sounds it still brings up the edit window (which I believe it shouldn't since the raw data view shows all the fields in that edit window separately).

I was figuring it would like you change the file path for "CSound_AssetArray_File" like it would for images on units, buttons, etc.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I've found that I can only find the file if I have saved the map after importing it.

bobby5589

Reaction score
Does that actually work Dave312? I've yet to have that happen with images.

Also, if nothing else, you should still be able to overright files like in WC3.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Well yeah I just tried importing an mp3 and changing one of the sounds to it. I couldn't find the mp3 until I saved the map. Although when you select the file, you might need to go View > Check for External Files.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Also, if nothing else, you should still be able to overwrite files like in WC3.

That worked.

However, one problem I'm frequently encountering is that if you move an imported file to the path of an existing, it will often turn into no sound and have its size reduced to 0.

bobby5589

Reaction score
I havn't done any sounds, but I've gotten that with images. I've noticed that the way in which you have your "/" are important. Try "Assets/Textures/", doing it with no preceding "/" has worked for me.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Both Assets/Sounds/Uni/Doodads/ and Assets/Sounds/Uni/Doodads have not worked.

I assume you meant something like that.

bobby5589

Reaction score
That's what I meant, this seems to be darn fickle 'cause now moving to textures isn't working for me, but I can move to Music.

Try "Assets/" just to test, that seems to work everytime.
_____

Other ways to get them to load are to move something to create that folder and then just import to there.

Or if you set your directory to something like "C:/Users/MyIcons" and inside MyIcons have "Assets" and in there "Textures" the file tree will show folders and the files in them. If you import from one of these sub-folders it will create them inside the import editor.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So is there a good way to do this yet?

Or, do you just have to make a new data entry for it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.