Using TFT features in ROC editor (Using .SLK's and WinMPQ)

Nina

Reaction score
This tutorial is a great help to me, thanks for making it! Keep up the good work.

S

spikeofjaps

Can't get abilities on map

I have edited every section of what you said to edit, and idk how to give the ability to the hero it doesn't pop up in the list. Is it a problem that i have ROC? I can edit already existing abilities i just can't seem to add new ones. Also if i wanted an ability to have 10 levels how would i go about adding more data past the 4th level??

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
When you import a model or a spell, is it in the MPQ file and in the category's? Also, how can you make a model from scratch, like for example a knock back that's not triggered but made like all the other melee spells?

K

khaosknight

doing somthing wrong?

i put the path for the .mdx file but i get a error thats says .mdl file cannot be found, am i doing somthing wrong?

casper

Reaction score
Question

Hello,
I imported an model on that way: 'Heroes\HeroWarden.mdx'.
But when i type the model path, 'HeroWarden.mdx', in the editor, and i press enter, it change the path automatic into 'HeroWarden.mdl', so it don't work.
How do i fix this?

ZophtX

Reaction score
Step 7: Open your Warcraft 3 World Editor. Select the unit you want to use the model on, and in the Model field, type in the path of the main .MDX file. *Not your .BLP file
For me, this will be Grim.mdx

Step 8: Save your map, then re-import all the files using the same paths as last time. This must be done because every time you save your map, the files get deleted.

im stuck on step 7.
do you mean the "model used:" feild if so than i cant enter a path into it. so how just the New Unit get into the map. im stuck.
i tired adding the new Unit into the War3.mpq with "Units\Demon\DemonKnight\DemonKnight.mdx" and i did the same for .blp and protrait.mdx. than compacted the war3.mpq now where can i find the model?

i quess im asking where i put the path in the World editer. show me in pictures please :)

Kyzer

Reaction score
Would it be possible using this to copy a TFT Map and make it compatible with RoC?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.