TD V0odOo TD

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
Introduction

Well after a few months of creating, testing and tinkering I think it is time to show you people(you helped me a lot with this) what I have done.

This is not my first map, but the first one I decided to "release".
Why did I make a TD? There are thousands of them over b.net but whenever I play a TD there are a few points I really don't like:

-most of them are too easy
-there is an "imba roxx0r ololo-tower" which is the "win".
-there are maps with only one tactic it is possible to win with.
-boring waiting times
-no/weak tool tips about towers and abilities.
-no required coop. Playing and no teamplay, it is more about flaming other players, cause they don't know the "one" imba bam" tactic.​

So I decided to create a TD for me and my friends where a lot of those points are fixed.

I would like to present: Voodoo TD

-4 players map
-Solo-Mode
-Choose one of 6 unique clans with different play styles.
-Each clan tries to stop the waves with more than 10 towers with different strenghts and weaknesses.
-Survive 45 rounds with varying enemies, each round is supported by an unique enemy hero.
-Choose a difficulty (50, 25 or 1 Life(s))​

It is a map which requires team play so each enemy group will visit
every players starting position and then move to the dead-spot. I am
sure you will need more then one try to make it and find out the possible tactics.

Clans:

Wolf-Clan
With the power of cruel hunters, this clan imobilizes and slows their targets and finish them with burst damage.
Difficulty: Easy
Power: Ground
Weakness: Air
Special-Abilities: Crit, Slow, Snare
Primary attack-type: Normal​

Blood-Clan
Quantity over Quality. The power of this clan are cheap towers with great synergy.
Difficulty: Normal
Power: Cheap towers
Weakness: High-Armor
Special-Abilities: Wither; tower-synergy, slow
Primary attack-type: Pierce; Slash; Magic​

Steel-Clan
All the fantastic stuff from dwarven and goblin forges. The clan uses a lot of upgrades to boost their damage.
Power: AE-Damage
Weakness: Expensive Upgrading
Special-Abilities:|r Upgrades
Primary attack-types:|r Pierce, Frazzle​

Mana-Clan
Using the power of mana this clan deals a lot of spell damage but needs mana to cast the spells.
Power: Magic-damage
Weakness: Magic-Immune
Special-Abilities:|r using several spells
Primary attack-type:|r Magic​

Bone-Clan
Evolve a tower from another and upgrade your towers to optimize your damage.
Difficulty: Expert
Power: adaptive gameplay
Weakness: Fast enemies, expensive
Special-Abilities: Adaptivity
Primary attack-type: Pierce; Normal; Siege​

Hunter-Clan
The Hunter-Clan overwhelms its enemies with long range and fearsome pets.
Power: long range
Weakness: low damage
Special-Abilities:|r pet-buffs; slow;
Primary attack-type:|r Pierce​

minis.jpg

Change-Log
Changes[6.1]:

-add tooltip to worker
-add focus-ability to worker
-lot of tooltips updated
-lot of buffinfos added
-hunter clan balances
-fixed a bug caused piercing and slash damage to do less vs heros
-fixed a few leaks
-add alot of cool new hero abilities
-fixed a few hero abilities

Get some friends and try to make it :)

The map is tested a lot of times now and I think my tester-team and I have done a good job balancing it. Should you think something is imba anyway, feel free to discuss it here.

Suggestions and bug-reports are welcome too.

Attachments

• voodooTD-v6.6.w3x
    639.6 KB · Views: 293

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Nice, i like this map! Even if am not a fan of those, it seems fun to play with, although it requires fast control of your mouse :p I really want to ask you sth: There is a sound played, like a man is whispering a "Haaaaa". What's that sound? I have seen it in cinematics and i was looking for it...

jube1412

Reaction score
Nice TD...but I found out that some big bosses have too few mana points...like the Prophet guy with Mana Shield...I shot him in 3 secs and he ran out mana completely...May be you should fix that :)

Anyway,...keep up the good work :)

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Personaly I love Tower Defence. I hope this map is a new kind of this genre!
You wrote there will be six clans. Does that means so kind of races? And they will be totaly custom! (Yay!) ^^

Thread looks good, but can you add some info about the diffrent clans?

-most of them are too easy
-there is an "imba roxx0r ololo-tower" which is the "win".
-there are maps with only one tactic it is possible to win with.
-no/weak tool tips about towers and abilities.

I agree. Make a map with Easy/Medium/Hard modes, no "roxx0r"-towers, diffrent ways of gameplay (tactics) and good (COLORED :p) tooltips. And you will be reborn in heaven =P

Good Luck!

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
Nice TD...but I found out that some big bosses have too few mana points...like the Prophet guy with Mana Shield...I shot him in 3 secs and he ran out mana completely...May be you should fix that :)

Anyway,...keep up the good work :)

i will add a manapotion abillity when the Prophet uses Mana Shield :) that should fix it.

So u reach the round with the Prophet, did u make it to the end?

i ll add clan/race infos later :)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
i will add a manapotion abillity when the Prophet uses Mana Shield :) that should fix it.

So u reach the round with the Prophet, did u make it to the end?

i ll add clan/race infos later :)
For that Prophet thing, wouldn't it just be easier to increase his mana pool?

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
Re, i am back from a short break (wotlk release) and now ill continue my map.

I really wound like to have some more feedback and suggestions for my next release 6.0.

Thank you :)

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
this is nOt LiKE ThIS, it is just a way to let the word Voodoo look more interesting. I am not a leet-haxx0r what ever, just tryin to get some feedback and suggestions about my map, not the name or what ever :)

but thanks, next map ill call something like "serious TD", hehe :thup:

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
/add clan info text to post

i am still working on the 6.0 version. Any suggestions or bugs?

//edit: Anyone had problems with gamesplit?

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
Released Version 6.0 and fixed 6.1

After a few weeks reworking some important features i finished a new version:

Changes[6.1]:
-add tooltip to worker
-add focus-ability to worker
-lot of tooltips updated
-lot of buffinfos added
-hunter clan balances
-fixed a bug caused piercing and slash damage to do less vs heros
-fixed a few leaks
-add alot of cool new hero abilities
-fixed a few hero abilities

I really would like to have some gameplay reports and suggestions

thanks to TH.net

Razed

Reaction score
I play version 6.5 at the moment (latest version I believe).
It's a nice TD, I've played it several times now and completed Round 45 with 1 life left, due luck.

Anyway, some creeps (mostly heroes) seem to get lost/bugged some of the time. Like they walk of the path and stay there. Is this usually? Like you gave the worker unstuck ability to fix those things.

A bug I have noticed (probably not really important) is that at Round 45, it continues the count.
I was at Round 48 of 45 when I completed the map, how godly am I?

Anyway, keep up the good work! :thup:

P.S. Is there information about a newer version with released races?

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
and good (COLORED :p) tooltips.
The tower defence i abandon had great tooltips, with color and everything. I didnt have a tower that said like: This is the uberness tower it kicks but, oh and btw it has... SPLASH!?!?!

But i never got far, i only had a few towers, and 10 lvls i think, before i quit on it. Ive been wanting to reborn it for a while but it got erased in my d:/ drive crash... Maybe i still have it some where but prolly not...

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
nice, first feedback since a long time.

currently i am working on 6.7 while 6.6 is just a hot fixed version.

adding 2 new races.

The Hero movementbug seems to be a result of stun mechanics. If a unit is casting its ability right in the moment when it gets stuned, the unit never casts but stops.

@Razed: Thanks for your feedback. I know the little bug with the round count, but i am too lazy to fix it, hehe. Maybe later on ;)

Good to hear someone made it to the end and it is not impossivle for people who are not in my tester team.
Did u played it solo or multi too?

//edit: add latest version to Attachments

Razed

Reaction score
Still playing 6.5 though.. :p
(NOTE: I'm trying to describe the tower names without the game active, so don't blame me for the fault names xD)

But solo is quite impossible to complete the 'entire game'. But keep it like that. =)
Some things I have noticed. I'm quite addicted to the Boneclan-Lounge or something like that, it says Expert but it's quite easy after a while.
Anyway, compared to other races, the Boneclan needs tons of Mojo to get some proper towers in place.
Like Voodoo tower II + Plaguebringer II to be able to upgrade your towers to Tier 5 was it?
And when you want to upgrade to Tier 5, you need another 2 mojo. I'd suggest to remove the mojo for the basic tower upgrades. Or increase some other tower's mojo.
And is it true that the Boneclan builder costs 1g to purchase and the other races are free? It was odd.

Another thing I've found out is with the Steel-Clan (you know, the many upgrades one). The Fire Cannon (320g, 4 Mojo) has the ability to do 'Breath of Fire' as his main attack, but he doesn't use it out of his own, you have to click it as a player and then click the battlefield. Just a thing that should be fixed. :)
And the Water Plasma Cannon (or something) tower isn't available yet of the Steelclan? :p It's like 'Ok? There goes my ultimate!'

That was enough of the races.
---
Now on to the creeps. Just some quick notes;
At level 7, the Hero is a Gryphon-Rider. It is too overpowered if you ask me.
As the first air level you face, make the hero some less tough (or at least remove his 'Avatar' ability). It's almost every time that we fail at that level.

Also on level 14 I believe, is the Faerie Dragon. His 'Fade/Ethereal' form? You know.. the greeny stuff. It causes him to be immune to physical damage. It's almost every time when we face that hero (when not being Magic) that we just watch and despair how he flies by, unable to do anything. Perhaps make his 'green stuff' cause him to take 75% less damage from physical damage or something.

- On later levels (beginning with round 15) the endurence aura of the commanders is somewhat too fast (and let not get me started about the Silithid 'Blackened' Mob :p).

Don't take these notes as 'QQ Cry More'. I'm just describing some balancing issues as how I see them.

!
Well, that was it! Good luck with your further progressing! :thup:

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
First of all thanks for your feedback :)

Some things I have noticed. I'm quite addicted to the Boneclan-Lounge or something like that, it says Expert but it's quite easy after a while.
Anyway, compared to other races, the Boneclan needs tons of Mojo to get some proper towers in place.
Like Voodoo tower II + Plaguebringer II to be able to upgrade your towers to Tier 5 was it?
And when you want to upgrade to Tier 5, you need another 2 mojo. I'd suggest to remove the mojo for the basic tower upgrades. Or increase some other tower's mojo.
And is it true that the Boneclan builder costs 1g to purchase and the other races are free? It was odd.

Well i think boneclan is it bit more complicated to understand thats why i decided to say "Expert"

I use the Mojo in the map to balance the clans, so that you cannot reach some points to early. Thats why bone needs that much mojo. In the past where u could reach higher basic towers much earlier u where the kill leader :p

but maybe u are right, i should increase some mojo costs of other clans :)

to the Bonebuilder gold, it is a noob protection, cause bunch cost 20, u could build 2 bunches and would have no gold left ^^

Another thing I've found out is with the Steel-Clan (you know, the many upgrades one). The Fire Cannon (320g, 4 Mojo) has the ability to do 'Breath of Fire' as his main attack, but he doesn't use it out of his own, you have to click it as a player and then click the battlefield. Just a thing that should be fixed. :)
And the Water Plasma Cannon (or something) tower isn't available yet of the Steelclan? :p It's like 'Ok? There goes my ultimate!'

mh i older versions the hellfire of the cannon worked fine, ill check this out.

Plasma is something i am working on, maybe next version hehe.

Now on to the creeps. Just some quick notes;
At level 7, the Hero is a Gryphon-Rider. It is too overpowered if you ask me.
As the first air level you face, make the hero some less tough (or at least remove his 'Avatar' ability). It's almost every time that we fail at that level.
fixed in 6.6 :)

Also on level 14 I believe, is the Faerie Dragon. His 'Fade/Ethereal' form? You know.. the greeny stuff. It causes him to be immune to physical damage. It's almost every time when we face that hero (when not being Magic) that we just watch and despair how he flies by, unable to do anything. Perhaps make his 'green stuff' cause him to take 75% less damage from physical damage or something.
i think fixed in 6.6. and if not, i know ill do it next version.

- On later levels (beginning with round 15) the endurence aura of the commanders is somewhat too fast (and let not get me started about the Silithid 'Blackened' Mob :p).
he is the noob killer ;)

Don't take these notes as 'QQ Cry More'. I'm just describing some balancing issues as how I see them.
i really like your feedback, its not QQ. Only with feedback i can improve the map :D

Well, that was it! Good luck with your further progressing! :thup:
Thank you very much :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.