Validator for when target is attacked by caster?

whoopwhoop

Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm making a charge like spell, and I have everything done except that I can't find/don't know how to make a validator that checks if the target unit is attacked by the caster.

There is a validator that checks if the caster is attacking the target but that doesn't work because I want a behavior to get removed from the caster as soon as he hits the target and deals damage.

So does anyone know if there is a validator for that? Or how to make one?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I have no immediate idea on how to do this but I would like some more information about the concept. How does the charge spell actually work? Do you charge in the target direction until you hit something? Do you pick a target and charge towards it? What happens if you miss the target? Does the caster automatically attack the target when he reaches it?

I would also like some more information on the implementation. Are you doing any parts of this with triggers? How does the ability work so far?

whoopwhoop

Cool Member
Reaction score
I have no immediate idea on how to do this but I would like some more information about the concept. How does the charge spell actually work? Do you charge in the target direction until you hit something? Do you pick a target and charge towards it? What happens if you miss the target? Does the caster automatically attack the target when he reaches it?

I would also like some more information on the implementation. Are you doing any parts of this with triggers? How does the ability work so far?

Oh sorry.

I'm still just trying out things with the Data Editor.

All it does is you pick a target, it increases your movement speed and damage and makes you attack it, then after you attack it I want the movement speed and damage to go back to normal.

And that's what I need the validator for.

No triggers, and I have everything working. ATM I have the behavior only stay for 5 seconds, but I want it go go away after the target is attacked. I still need to work on the not being able to attack it part of the ability though...

Basically it's the Charge from a Zealot.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
You could try a "Unit Weapon Firing" validator but I'm not sure if it'll work like you want it to since I've never used it before.

What I would do is modify the effect used by the weapon of the unit that charges and make it remove the charge behavior as well. You can use a set effect to combine the original effect with the "Remove behavior" effect that removes the charge.

whoopwhoop

Cool Member
Reaction score
The Unit Weapon Firing validator doesn't work, it removes the behavior as soon as it is applied by the effect.

I tried doing it with remove behavior, but it removes the behavior as soon as it is applied too.

I also think I'm doing the validator wrong.

There is a validator called "Unit Compare Damage Taken", but I don't know how to use it.

EDIT: I got it working now. Without using validators.
I have no idea how it works, but what I did was create an effect that removes the behavior from charge and make the Charge Anim actor work on the new behaviors.... That's all I did, I have no idea how it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.