Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Aura of Mana Stealing
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (GDD_DamageSource has buff Aura of Mana Generation ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of GDD_DamageSource to ((Mana of GDD_DamageSource) + ((GDD_Damage x 45.00) / 100.00))

This is the system I tried using, then I realized it also restored mana for abilityes and such.I just want it for melee and ranged auto attacks. like vampiric aura

inevit4ble

Reaction score
GDD == GUI Damage Detection ?

If so then of course you can't just detect damage but rather what kind of damage source. ie. Non Spell/Magic Attack

Smitty

Reaction score
Maybe add a condition to check what damage type is being dealt? Although this will mess up if any spells use the same damage type as your attacks.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
GDD == GUI Damage Detection ?

If so then of course you can't just detect damage but rather what kind of damage source. ie. Non Spell/Magic Attack

I'm using the GDD system for other things in my map, but I thought I'd try using it here.

How would I test if the damage was Normal or Piercing? I'm gonna mess around with it to try and figure it out for myself.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
How would I test if the damage was Normal or Piercing? I'm gonna mess around with it to try and figure it out for myself.

you simply cant unless it is saved before hand, i would create a variable or hashtable to save the armor/damage type of the units in your map

and try this one, use a boolean that checks if its attack or ability damage, this is MUCH easier if you are triggering every spell and have a condition check in the mana steal trigger

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I just read about the GDD system more. Weep and others are saying I'd need to come up with my own system for type detection. I'm just going to abandon this ability for now. My map is littered with too many triggers as it is. Thanks for the ideas.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
As I understand attack and damage type can be set to variables/checked/etc in jass but not in Gui

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. I don't much of jass. It'd be very ambitious of me to start creating GUI friendly variables using jass.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.