Variable Help

Tarindis_18

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member on this website and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I have exhausted all solutions that I can think of. Anyway, this is my problem:

In my map there is a builder who will build structures symbolizing units in Region A. I need help to create a variable (and using it in a trigger) that will match the structure with a unit and spawn x amounts of this kind of unit in Region B. This type of unit building/spawning can be seen in the Blood Tournament map.

Just an example of what I would like to see happen:
Player 1 builds 1 Footman (Building) in Region A. When the Timer expires create 2 Footman in Region B. Or Player 1 builds 2 Footman (Buildings) in Region A. When the Timer expires create 4 Footman in Region B.
All help is very much appreciated and thank you very much in advance, if any of this is unclear I will be watching the thread closely to answer any questions.
-Tarindis

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont need to register the buildings in the area when they are built. When the timer runs out simply iterate over all units within region A and spawn units in region B accordingly to the unit type.

Tarindis_18

Reaction score
You dont need to register the buildings in the area when they are built. When the timer runs out simply iterate over all units within region A and spawn units in region B accordingly to the unit type.
Thank you for the response. That makes sense, I guess I was over complicating it. Any Idea on how I could multiply them though?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly do you want to multiply? I dont understand the question.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Im sorry, the multiplying thing was just me being dumb. But how would I " iterate over all units within region A"?
To iterate would mean to use something like the Pick Every Unit loop. But seeing your problem, I was thinking this:
Trigger:
  • Buildspawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Building Region <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman (Building, 3)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 3 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of Spawn Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions

Though I would change the Point Value of the "building" units the Object Editor to reflect how many units it is supposed to spawn, then replace the Create 3 Footman with Create (Point-Value of Footman).

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
In pseudo-code it might look like this: (I dont have the editor installed on this pc)
Code:
set TmpGrp = units within (region A) matching ((matching unit) is alive == true)
for each unit in unit-group TmpGrp do action
end
custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TmpGrp)

Tarindis_18

Reaction score
This is exactly what I needed, you have been very helpful! Thank you so much! 1 more question, is there any way to reward somebody for being helpful on this sight? Kind of like +rep?

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
This is exactly what I needed, you have been very helpful! Thank you so much! 1 more question, is there any way to reward somebody for being helpful on this sight? Kind of like +rep?
The forum just updated, and I haven't quite figured out where all the buttons went yet. I think the rep system is still under construction, though.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a like button right next to the quote and reply buttons at the lower right.
But I dont care about that.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
When you edit the unit in the Object Editor, there's a field called Stats - Point Value. When you make the Create Unit action, pick the number and change the function to Unit - Point Value of Unit, where the Unit should be Triggering Unit.

@Accname Is that still there? The buttons seem to be gone for me :/

Xialian

Reaction score
As far as I can see, the buttons are in the bottom right corner of a post. "Like" is next to #postnumber and so on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.