Snippet vCircles

Dirac

Reaction score
vCircles is a very useful snippet for spinning points around bidimensional cicles or tridimensional spheres. It's very fast and has the capacity of calculating distances across the circle's perimeter, so if you want to move a projectile for, lets say, 40 units around a perimeter, with vCircles you can.
JASS:
library vCircles
//**************************************************************************************************************************
//Snippet made by Dirac to avoid polar offset positioning
//  This creates a circle around a point with a base angle 0. this angle determines the offset location
//  of the point you might need to move or create something.

//Variables:
//  real x
//      -center X
//  real y
//      -center Y
//  real radius
//      -radius of the circle
//  real xyangle
//      -current angle in the x axis
//  real zangle
//      -current angle in the z axis

//Read only values:
//  real offsetX
//      -the X depending on the circle's radius and current angle
//  real offsetY
//      -the Y depending on the circle's radius and current angle
//  real offsetZ
//      -the Z depending on the circle's height.
//  real xyspin
//      -the amount of spins done in the x axis.
//  real zspin
//      -the amount of spins done in the z axis.

//Setting up values
//  set baseX=radians
//      -Sets the xyangle base rotation to a value

//Methods:
//  static method create takes real x, real y, real z, real radius returns thistype
//          -Imput here the center x,y,z and radius, default angle is 0, you can change that later

//  method radiusVector takes real howMuch, real radians returns nothing
//          -This method reduces or increases the radius lenght towards an angle
//          -The angle is measured starting from the edge of the circle, a few examples:
//            if the angle provided is 0 the radius would increase exactly by the amount provided,
//            if the angle provided is 180 the radius would decrease exactly by the amount provided,
//            if the angle provided is 90 the radius would increase sightly

//  method polarVector2d takes real howMuch, boolean clockwise returns nothing
//          -This method moves the circle angle around it's radius depending on the amount provided
//          -This is a very good way to avoid polar offset when you wan't to move something exactly
//          by an amount of distance around a point, not an angle.

//  method polarVector3d takes real howMuch, real radians returns nothing
//          -This method moves the offset of the point by the amount provided towards the angle
//          provided around the sphere. Use this if you care about the distance the point moves

//  method polarSpin3d takes real radiansX, real radiansZ returns nothing
//          -This method spins the offset of the point around the X and Z axis towards the angle
//          provided. Use this to give a smooth movement around the circle.

//**************************************************************************************************************************
    struct circle
        real x
        real y
        real z
        real radius
        real xyangle
        real zangle
        readonly real xyspin
        readonly real zspin

private real xBase

static method create takes real x, real y,real z, real radius returns thistype
            local thistype this=thistype.allocate()
            set .x=x
            set .y=y
            set .z=z
            set .xyangle=0
            set .zangle=0
            set .xyspin=0
            set .zspin=0
            set .xBase=0
            set .radius=radius
            return this
        endmethod

method operator baseX= takes real radians returns nothing
            set .xyangle=.xyangle+radians-.xBase
            set .xBase=radians
        endmethod

method operator offsetZ takes nothing returns real
            return .z+.radius*Sin(.zangle)
        endmethod

method operator offsetX takes nothing returns real
            return .radius*Cos(.xyangle)*Cos(.zangle)+.x
        endmethod

method operator offsetY takes nothing returns real
            return .radius*Sin(.xyangle)*Cos(.zangle)+.y
        endmethod

method radiusVector takes real howMuch,real radians returns nothing
            local real A=.radius
            set .radius=SquareRoot(.radius*.radius+howMuch*howMuch-2*howMuch*.radius*Cos(bj_PI-radians))
            set .z=.z+.radius-A
        endmethod

method polarVector2d takes real howMuch, boolean clockwise returns nothing
            local real a=2*Asin(howMuch/(2*.radius))/RAbsBJ(Cos(.zangle))
            if clockwise==false then
                set .xyangle=.xyangle+a
            else
                set .xyangle=.xyangle-a
            endif
            set .xyspin=.xyspin+a
        endmethod

method polarVector3d takes real howMuch, real radians returns nothing
            local real a=2*Asin(howMuch/(2*.radius))*Cos(radians)/RAbsBJ(Cos(.zangle))
            local real b=2*Asin(howMuch/(2*.radius))*Sin(radians)
            set .xyangle=.xyangle+a
            set .zangle=.zangle+b
            set .xyspin=.xyspin+a
            set .zspin=.zspin+b
        endmethod

method polarSpin3d takes real radiansX, real radiansZ returns nothing
            set .xyangle=.xyangle+radiansX
            set .zangle=.zangle+radiansZ
            set .xyspin=.xyspin+radiansX
            set .zspin=.zspin+radiansZ
        endmethod

endstruct
endlibrary

Graphical explanations of how to use it coming soon. Enjoy!

Attachments

• vCircles v001.w3x
    59.4 KB · Views: 369

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
You know, it'd be cooler if you had an x radius, y radius, and z radius, or you allowed for horizontal and vertical eccentricity. This upgrade this resource from supporting just circles and spheres to ellipses and ellipsoids.

Another cool thing would be to be able to base the x,y coords off of a widget or location =P.

Dirac

Reaction score
Well i tried to add the Y radius before, but didn't get the math though. Ellipses would be very cool yes, but i feel i'm not skilled enought to do it yet, i'll keep working on that. (So far the only thing i can do is add the Z ellipse option that would be very easy)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.