Health Venezuela Bans Coke Zero Over Health Fears

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Coke Zero has been banned in Venezuela because of possible health risks.

The government, led by Hugo Chavez, ordered the removal of the soft drink from stores while its ingredients are investigated.

Health minister Jesus Mantilla said: "The product should be withdrawn from circulation to preserve the health of Venezuelans."

He did not specify which ingredients were causing concern or what health risks they posed.

Coca Cola and its Mexican-based bottling company, Femsa, said in a joint statement: "Coca Cola Zero is made under the highest quality standards around the world and meets the sanitary requirements demanded by the laws of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela."

Last edited by a moderator:

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Coke Zero tastes horribly, and it's probably cancerous. No sugar, but with added artificial sweeteners :/

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
it uses Sucralose, the least researched of the artificial sweeteners - atleast its not Aspartame though, which metabolizes into toxic by products

in anycase, there is no scietific evidence to suggest Sucralose is bad, Venz. are just a bunch of jumpy tards

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It has some different ingredients in South America, ones that are banned in the US.

I'm surprised he doesn't ban all evil imperialist American Coke products but then his people would revolt :)

And Coke Zero tastes great. It has like no calories or sugar so you can drink as much as you want without any concerns.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
It has like no calories or sugar so you can drink as much as you want without any concerns.
It is still an acid, it still corrodes your teeth.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It has some different ingredients in South America, ones that are banned in the US.

I'm surprised he doesn't ban all evil imperialist American Coke products but then his people would revolt :)

And Coke Zero tastes great. It has like no calories or sugar so you can drink as much as you want without any concerns.

Yeah... go see how much you drink before getting a serious disease.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
It is still an acid, it still corrodes your teeth.

water can be an acid too, you know

in anycase, thats only an issue if you drink coke exsesively

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, I think is a bit extreme really! But sure.. too much sugar is not healthy!

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
its just like when peru stop chlorinating their water, they thought it would pose a health issue, except this issue doesnt kill people >.>

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
They should ban themselves for being harmful.

Coke Zero is just as potent and healthy as anything else.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
water can be an acid too, you know

Yeah but in the same general Ph of your mouth. If it's not... I don't think I would drink that water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.