Video Video blog #5 - Robot Ron

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
A bit late, but not too bad.

Next episode will be even easier to edit as it only has a single video feed the whole time.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool. Sorry you don't seem to optimistic about the Robot Ron port but I like the idea of you cooling out your dev system. I hope you have a spare just in case...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope K3V sees this soon and posts it up at NUON-Dome so I can Digg it.

Willis

Reaction score
Thanks for another video..... it's cool to see the process happen from the very beginning (it not running anything at all haha). I really hope that Robot Ron doesn't become too much of a problem for you to port. I may speak for everyone here, a new game for the Nuon would be a great addition !!

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I heard back from Matt (Robot Ron's creator) and he said that the game *does* run at 50fps and that the number of enemies on screen increases even more in later levels than what was shown in the video. What have I gotten myself into? :D

Willis

Reaction score
Please don't give up !! I really want to see it running on the Nuon. How would the control scheme be set up? Because isn't it a dual analog control on the Yaroze?

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Ideal would be to use both player 1 and 2 controllers at the same time. I'll still need to provide a method for those that are saddled with a single digital controller. It ain't gonna be easy to play that way, though.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully Dragonshadow will see this and maybe move these videos over to YouTube so we do not lose the history?

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully Dragonshadow will see this and maybe move these videos over to YouTube so we do not lose the history?
Five of the seven video blogs are on YouTube (albeit #5 Robot Ron and #7 - Bezier Fun are unlisted but accessible from his website). The two missing are #1 and #6 Dev System. Like you said though, it would be great to have them all backed up on YouTube.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.