Crime [Video] Trayvon protesters ransack store

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
North Miami Beach Walgreens incident caught on video

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - North Miami Beach police said surveillance video shows dozens of high school students demonstrating in the Trayvon Martin case Friday ransacking a Walgreens store.

The incident occurred during a walkout from North Miami Beach Senior High School in support of Martin, 17, who was fatally shot in Sanford. Protesters have been calling for the arrest of George Zimmerman, 28, who has not been charged because he claimed self-defense in the shooting, according to police.

Minutes after walking out of their school Friday, a large group of students walked through the streets of North Miami Beach. Along the way, they stopped at a Walgreens at 163rd Street and 15th Avenue at about 10:40 a.m.

Surveillance video shows dozens of teenagers running through the store. Police said about 80 to 100 students stormed in, ransacking the shelves, before the school's vice principal ordered everyone outside.

More about it and see the video here.

-------------------------------------------------------

At least it was peaceful in that nobody got hurt.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Vandalism and theft, is not a good method to protest. Just saying!

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I still don't get why Travyon is so important.
It's not the first time somebody shoots someone else and you're not sure if it really was self-defense.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
It's not the first time somebody shoots someone else and you're not sure if it really was self-defense.

1) It's good for the media (this is not a POSITIVE thing tbh but it gets people angry and protest-y so media loves it)
2) I guess it was how innocent he was vs. how racist the gunman was towards the kid (heard over the phone calls and such). On top of that you hear him scream for help while he gets shot. Honestly, shit like this DOESN'T happen everyday. It's normally gang fights in which kids may die to gunpoint like that, but they arent screaming for help with skittles and ice tea in their pockets for their little brother nor is it in an act of racism.

Not trying to be an asshole here but imho this is pretty sickening and something new as opposed to those (like gang members) that are kids everyday that die. This is just a large instance of racism by the gunman and the state of Florida. That's why it is a big deal

OT: Not a good way to express your anger while using your dead friend's name as cover up.. -_-

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if you know the guy is guilty, that doesn't mean you have the right to steal/destroy others' property. Yeah, great idea to just throw the rule of law out the door because "you know you're right."

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
2) I guess it was how innocent he was vs. how racist the gunman was towards the kid (heard over the phone calls and such). On top of that you hear him scream for help while he gets shot. Honestly, shit like this DOESN'T happen everyday. It's normally gang fights in which kids may die to gunpoint like that, but they arent screaming for help with skittles and ice tea in their pockets for their little brother nor is it in an act of racism.

Honestly, I was right there with you, but after reading everything about it I really can't be sure. Supposedly, there's a witness that saw Trayvon beating the Zimmerman's head into the street while it was Zimmerman who was actually calling for help, not the kid. Fired the gun in self-defense, in that case, even if he pursued the kid unreasonably. But on the other hand, he really did sound racially biased one his phone call with the police, so I really can't make a solid judgement on the case. Only thing I can say for sure is that I'm sorry for the family.

And Zimmerman was treated for wounds to the back of the head and an injury to the face, which is how he describes the attack; Trayvon punching him and knocking him to the ground, and then proceeding to beat dude's head against the ground. But that could all be bullshit, too. Hope that whatever decision they make is the right one, however it turns out.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Honestly, I was right there with you, but after reading everything about it I really can't be sure. Supposedly, there's a witness that saw Trayvon beating the Zimmerman's head into the street while it was Zimmerman who was actually calling for help, not the kid. Fired the gun in self-defense, in that case, even if he pursued the kid unreasonably. But on the other hand, he really did sound racially biased one his phone call with the police, so I really can't make a solid judgement on the case. Only thing I can say for sure is that I'm sorry for the family.

And Zimmerman was treated for wounds to the back of the head and an injury to the face, which is how he describes the attack; Trayvon punching him and knocking him to the ground, and then proceeding to beat dude's head against the ground. But that could all be bullshit, too. Hope that whatever decision they make is the right one, however it turns out.

I heard a camera footage shown that Zimmerman suffered no scratches by Trayvon during the struggle.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I heard a camera footage shown that Zimmerman suffered no scratches by Trayvon during the struggle.

It's true, zimmerman is lying and obviously trying to save his own racist ass. I don't see how treyvon could protect himself from that 500 pounds of racism :|

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

Neither was that one chick who killed her daughter, but fuck it never ended.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.