[Videos] Video Tutorial Compilation

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Alright I got a decent headset with a decent mic and I was thinking of making some video tutorials for beginners.

I already have these in mind:

Basic Spell Making Gui/JASS

Model Editing with Magos Model Editor and Oinkerwinkles

Basic Skin making with Photoshop

anymore I should do? Please tell :thup:

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I would like a guided tour of some advanced stuff that I know nothing about, such as NewGen, Grimoire, WeU and other stuff like that. :p
(For example how all the functions work.)

hasslarn

Reaction score
how about moving from GUI to Jass? would be cool in a video tut ^^
looking forward to ur tuts if there gonna be video

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just you making a good spell would be fine :)

So you can script it, and comment on what you're doing [either with voice, or type it] :D

Also, Using structs in spells. :)

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
i am more of a visual learner, can you do a jass tutorial?

ReVolver

Reaction score
sure I can do a JASS tutorial, just tell me what part your stuck at :thup: and I will try to explain most of it on that subject

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
how about tha part of

JASS:
a unit takes OMG WHAT DO I DO WIF IT and returns OMG WHAT DO I DO WIF IT

it would be sweet if you could do a tutorial on that part orc_tamer :thup:

EDIT:
are you a moderator orc_tamer? and yes i will always think of you as "orc_tamer"

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
@ReVolver

IF you could, make a understandable tutorial about Jass Variables. Don't understand them that much.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
sure I can do a JASS tutorial, just tell me what part your stuck at :thup: and I will try to explain most of it on that subject

Code optimization and explaining of weird stuff such as 'private' 'scope', etc. :p

ReVolver

Reaction score
Alright I got the first one done, but I had lots of trouble, I recorded my screen and never checked to record audio while recording :banghead: so I had to voice over which was hard to do :thdown: I also tried to compress it as much as I can next time I will use 320x240 and host them on youtube for all of you. Sorry about my accent and my voice since I gotten a bit sick.

This is a tutorial showing you how to make a simple knockback spell using GUI for beginners. Note: I did not go over fixing any memory leaks because I don't want to sidetrack anything I'm explaining to another subject.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IDSCJSRA

Here is the attached map that I used

Attachments

• Knockback.w3x
    9.5 KB · Views: 236

ReVolver

Reaction score
[youtube]Gmy5G48tqYg[/youtube]

It is a great idea.. I just uploaded the first vid... sorry for the small video.. next time it will be better :thup: so what should I make now?

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
[youtube]Gmy5G48tqYg[/youtube]

It is a great idea.. I just uploaded the first vid... sorry for the small video.. next time it will be better :thup: so what should I make now?

the voice on mirophone was difficult to listen :(

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Nice work:thup:. One thing that came up to me was that it would be real nice if you made a basic "how to make a spell mui" tutorial:p.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
Nice work:thup:. One thing that came up to me was that it would be real nice if you made a basic "how to make a spell mui" tutorial:p.

i vote for that too! mui spell :thup:

ReVolver

Reaction score
He sounds tired & bored & abit insecure imo :O

Tired = Had to voice over so I was sort of tired.

Bored = Look at "Tired"

Insecure? maybe I didn't know how to explain things to make it understandable :p

Demi666

Reaction score
Tired = Had to voice over so I was sort of tired.

Bored = Look at "Tired"

Insecure? maybe I didn't know how to explain things to make it understandable :p

I didnt mean what i said as an insult or anything, so you dont have to explain the things i understood by common sense,

But great tutorial anyways. When i didnt know how to make a knockback i thought it would be like a page long of codes or somthing, its good that someone like you volu.. vo.. ... volenters? to do this for free great job mate

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.