[vJass] Unit enters a rect, order him to move to another rect

El-Sevio

Reaction score
Hellooo!
Now this one is quite a simple one. but i'm having difficulty with eeet

I will post code shortly, atm i cant access my worldedit :( will fix soon.

The basics:
- Trying to programme a unit that checks houses in a map room by room
- The code is vjass in a library
- I use the struct room which has integers area/house/part and rect (corresponding location) and boolean checked. global room array is used to create the rooms and refer to them elsewhere
- i have a seperate trigger with actions that run the function EnterRoom that orders the unit to the next room in the library
- i have another trigger that loops and adds the events to the above trigger UnitEntersRect(ROOM[x].rect) x loops up to the max number of rooms obviously
- the function EnterRoom only takes unit. the way i tried to get the triggering rect that he entered was the if RectContainsUnit function (combined with is rect the target rect etc) But the thing is sometimes it doesnt quite work because the unit doesnt seem to be in the rect immediately after entering. waiting 1 second after entering seems to work but obviously this is a messy idea.

If possible think of this problem as explaining how to move the spawning units from start to finish in a maze tower defense using vjass because its the same idea!

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
You are correct, the EnterRange event triggers before they are actually considered to be in the rect by RectContainsUnit. The only way to do it with a wait. I recommend using a timer with a period of 0.01 and finishing it from there. There are no other ways, assuming the RectContainsUnit check is essential.

El-Sevio

Reaction score
I Didn't really read your thread but?

JASS:
IssueInstantPointOrder       takes unit whichUnit, string order, real x, real y, widget instantTargetWidget

thanks but yeah more a problem with handling the event with vjass

You are correct, the EnterRange event triggers before they are actually considered to be in the rect by RectContainsUnit. The only way to do it with a wait. I recommend using a timer with a period of 0.01 and finishing it from there. There are no other ways, assuming the RectContainsUnit check is essential.

oh okay sure thing. so 0.01 is all it takes for it to work? i also considered rectcontainslocation and the location being position of unit + 20 odd distance towards middle of rect. which ones better ha?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
You can try using a simple TriggerSleepAction(0).

Another alternative is to create seperate triggers for each rect, and then simply attach a struct to the trigger, containing the region. That way you can just add the same action function for each rect, but with a different 'next' rect.

It would then allow you to get the entered rect, simply by getting the struct attached to the "Triggering Trigger".

El-Sevio

Reaction score
good point man! but apparently there is a native GetTriggeringRegion <--- wow i bigtime overlooked that i assumed it would have the word rect in it :S. Which basically solves all my problems but thanks man!

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Except... a rect isn't a region, so you won't be able to compare it with your rects. You also can't convert a region to a rect, although you can add a rect to a region.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.