Volley Removed From Game?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Volley, which has been the icon AoE ability of hunters is going to be removed in Cataclysm. Volley is currently a large AoE ability similar to Blizzard or Rain of Fire which would allow hunters to channel arrows into desired area. Blizzard designers are feeling that Volley isn’t as much a hunter ability compared to being a magic spell and they feel that Multi-Shot is what should be used instead. Sure, multi-shot is more “hunter like” than volley which is pretty unrealistic but why remove AoE from hunters? Will there be plans to compensate their loss of their main AoE ability? Blizzard has made the effort to give every class decent AoE abilities in the past expansions and patches to remove Volley? There must be something in store.

Volley removed from the game (And of course when I don’t report a missing skill because I think it’s a bug, it’s actually gone for real)
It’s gone. We want to make Multi-Shot the spell hunters use for AE.

Channeling a spell that makes arrows fall out of the sky doesn’t feel like a hunter ability and doesn’t even really match the name of the spell.

Only class with a minimal range and now without volley only class without an aoe /shakes head
You realize “only class” claims are viewed as a success by the developers. The classes are too similar as it is.

Most seem to think they simply removed it & that we will be using multishot instead.
Yep. Volley was edging out Mult-Shot, even though we think the latter is the more interesting ability. Volley felt too much like a magic spell and not something a hunter was doing with her bow or gun.

http://www.planetraid.com/2010/08/24/hunter-volley-removed-from-game/

--

So now my hunter buddies can't sit there and channel it all day :p why remove AoE from someone though..:banghead:

read more here

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Eh, I think it is better, and will probably make a raiding hunter a little bit more interesting to play. Even if they nerfed volley people would probably still use it on trash regardless. :p Multi-shot is a lot cooler. However, I don't know why they added the bits about it being more realistic. After all, how much realism do you expect from an online mmorpg? =P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.