Volunteers to test giant UMS map!

T

True Scorn

This is a map I have been toiling away at on and off for the past two years. It's finally finished. I have tested it again and again, but I am only one player. I need at least five other people to help me check the triggers over and see if everything is balanced. I want as many flaws as possible to be found before I release it.

Think Siege of Gondor and you're one step towards knowing how this map works. It is a massive war game with more triggers and different ways to play then you can shake a stick at. I've tried my best to make this thing both fun and interesting. No stops were left unpulled.

If you are interested, post here with your starcraft battlenet name so I can add you to my friends list and the times you'll most likely be free. As soon as I have enough people I'll figure a time and post the map, as I can join games but for some reason, I can't create them. It says "Too High Latency" for players when I host, even though I have an uber connection. Something to do with the firewalls and routers I have lying around.

My Battlenet name is Idusces, so add me too if you plan on volunteering. Don't try to message me online, I don't get on Starcraft much anymore.

Please help me out, I'd like to this map finally enter the circulation!

L

LazyCoder

I have the same problem about hosting maps. I have a router too. I might be able to play your map. On b.net I am LazyCoder and I am usually on at around 11am-9pm.

V

victimchild

I also have a problem about hosting, but I don't think it is the latency that is causing it. It has something to do with ports, and what not. I am having a friend come take a look at it, but I don't know if it will work. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would love to test your map. If you CAN get someone to create it online that would be great. If you could post it here, that would be great.

T

True Scorn

Cool, I was beginning to worry. I just need two more people, as I have someone else to help out too. I'll post the map as soon as I have enough volunteers. Having a few problems right now because I almost lost the entire thing to Uberation. Do not use that program with maps with complex triggers. It's like soda and pop rocks. Thankfully, I had a back up though for some reason now one of the victory conditions needs to be triggered twice....

Thanks, hopefully we can get two more in!

T

True Scorn

Huh....still need two more. We need someone who can create games!

L

LazyCoder

I use Uberation without any troubles... My maps are pretty darn complex too.

T

True Scorn

Dunno, when I used Uberation it set off my triggers randomly and also texted the names of everything from "Karatak the Second" to "Healer" It really messed with it and I nearly lost the entire map.

Still need two more! C'mon ppl, It'll be (I hope) worth your while!

(Though if the already volunteers see this tomarrow, we could get on B-net and yell around for some people there. But we still need someone HERE to download the map and create the game. Darn Latency!)

L

LazyCoder

What kind of map is it? RPG?

I'll need somebody to test my map too, when it is completed (which, I am aiming for the 30th). It is going to be awesome, I have tons of sounds in the map and the filesize is only 300MB Just kidding, 300KB.

T

True Scorn

Wow....where to begin. Again as above, think 'Siege of Gondor' and chew. There are six players, 4 vs 2.

Good guys
-Adralla
-Earth
-The Legion
-The Four under the Foundings

Bad guys
-Scorn
-Threndre

The plot is loose, as I can't go too much into depth for several reasons.

The game revolves around who controls which of the four orbs that spawn at their corresponding towers scattered across the map, Saranoda, Bandui, Krakrenenor and Tumbar.

Adralla- Humanity's prescence on the world Adralla
They control an enourmous base at the bottom right and two smaller ones in the center and at the right. Their spawn is large but weak, their main focus is in simply defending themselves. If their three special buildings, Mirith Capital of the Third City, Capital of Benji, and The Third City's Barracks are destroyed it's game over for the good guys. If they bring a few of the orbs to their focus site (Templar archives) then they spawn vespene gas faster to use in their reserach and defense. They build Barracks in order to obtain better spawn. Adralla has one lone hero, the High King (Battlecruiser)

Earth- Humans from a far and powerful world
Earth controls a base to the map's right and its main role lies in its powerful spawn, which grows stronger with each Factory they construct. They complement Adralla's defensives with destructive Artillary (Permenantly sieged Siege tanks) and take the fight to Scorn's walls. Earth's own defenses lie in the Energy Wells (Photon cannons) it can construct and its invincible Cores (Pylons). If the Generator inside its defenses is destroyed the Cores lose their invincability and cannot be reconstructed.
Earth also controls Long Range Sensors (Invincible Observers) but if their Sensor Station is destroyed, so are the observers. Last but not least if Earth controls orbs at its focus site, they spawn 'ammunition' for their main cannons. If they get enough they can fire the cannons either into the battlefield or at Scorn's outer defenses (The firing animation I've done my best to be spectacular, big explosions!)
Earth has a good number of heroes, the High Archon (Ghost), Earth Air Supremacy Fighters (Scouts) and Judgement Class Carriers (Carriers, duh!)

The Legion- The best of the elite
The Legion is nothing but heroes, no worries about spawning or building. The four lead heroes, Zook, Sye, Eris, and Pird each can empower themselves with an orb, becoming an "Infused". Their attack is doubled, sometimes tripled, and when they die they respawn as uninfused and another orb is constructed at its corresponding tower. If Eris is Infused with the Tumbar Orb, her power nears that of Scorn and becomes the first hinge in one of the ways to win. If Eris Infused is brought to Scorn's tower at the same time as Earth brings its Gyronuke (The spinning Psi detector thingy), Good Guys Win.
Other heroes complement the Legions ranks, making its role both offensive and in filling Adralla's walls.

The Four under the Foundings-Bretheren of Scorn, traitors to his cause
The Legion's defense and offense is a hodgepodge of Adralian units and old Gaian technology (Gaia is the name of Adralla before Scorn nearly and inadvertantly ended the world, not important but I thought I'd say). Their role is twofold, the most important one being defending the old Seal (Stasis Chamber). If it's destroyed Scorn comes back (He's an archon that is unmatched in attack, armor, and health). Their second role is the Gaian Artillary they spawn with more Barracks. Unlike their Earth versions, Gaian Artillery is less powerful but can move around. They also spawn dragon bombardiers (Guardians) further adding to their long range capabilites. Their Heroes are Senallus the First (Battlecruiser), Karatak the Second (Guardian), Mantatuis the Third (Devourer), and Aiaranus the Fourth (Wraith). The Four Under the Foundings do nothing special with the orbs.

Threndre- Misguided and wraithful insect lord of the Hive
Threndre spawns the weakest of any civilization, but spawn more than nearly all of its enemies combined. They also have the unique ability to "Mass" all their units to attack in one giant group (Just a simple neat trigger) They have four spawns, three Spawning Pools and one Threndrian Hive. They also have the unparalleled ability to rebuild their spawning pools if they are destroyed. If the Threndrian Hive is destroyed, Threndre loses. Threndre the Cruel (Ultralisk) and Gnarled One (Defiler) make up this player's heroes. He does not use the orbs.

Scorn- An evil who has demonstrated again and again that his power knows no limits
Scorn spawns units that match even Earth's in firepower. His defense is extensive and is the only player who can build Energy wells AND Cores. With each successive Excavation Clockwork (Gateway) both his spawn AND Threndre's becomes more powerful and sometimes reveals Gaia's most powerful machines. If the four under the founding's seal is broken and Scorn brings the four orbs to his focus point and he himself stands before his tower, humanity ceases to exist in less then ten minutes. If Scorn, False Scorn (Arbitor) and his special buildings are destroyed, he is defeated. If False Scorn is killed and one of the Four under the Foundings is brought to his tower the seal is renewed and the good wins.
False Scorn and the Behemoth (Reaver) make up Scorn's initial heroes, but Scorn the Omnipotent (Archon) can rise when the seal is broken and the Excavation clockworks eventually reveal two Supremacy Fighters (Scouts) and Gaia's most terrible war machine, the Collossus (Ultralisk).

The game is complex but as understandable as I could make it. The only real problems I have is hoarding, as there are already a large number of buildings and units on the map and the "Cannot Create more Units" thing screws up the triggers. I have several ways to counter this, including a leaderboard, but it is for nought if someone decides to just sit there.

Hopefully I can get a few volunteers!

L

LazyCoder

Woa woa, didn't ask for your life story. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you still going to test it or what?

V

victimchild

PLEASE SEND THIS TO ME! I MUST test it. This is the greatest thing i've seen since LOTR.

T

True Scorn

lol thank you victimchild. I was just about to give up on it when I came back and read your post and Coder's. I guess I'll post it now, even though the farthest someone can get by themselves is past the briefing screen. If I can get just ONE person that can host a game, I'll go for an incomplete game of the less than minumum requirments.

Glad you said something about LOTR, cuz Siege of Gondor is what gave me inspiration to translate my storyline into a SC map. Though don't get your hopes up, this may not be my first attempt at map making, but it's the only one I've finished.

The map is attached, though like I said before the only thing you can see by yourself will be the briefing, without the vital players the game will win the second it's started. Each of the six players has their own, unique briefing conveyed by conversation amongst the main characters.

Attachments

• TOA pro.zip
    135.6 KB · Views: 518
V

victimchild

True Scorn said:
lol thank you victimchild. I was just about to give up on it when I came back and read your post and Coder's. I guess I'll post it now, even though the farthest someone can get by themselves is past the briefing screen. If I can get just ONE person that can host a game, I'll go for an incomplete game of the less than minumum requirments.

Glad you said something about LOTR, cuz Siege of Gondor is what gave me inspiration to translate my storyline into a SC map. Though don't get your hopes up, this may not be my first attempt at map making, but it's the only one I've finished.

The map is attached, though like I said before the only thing you can see by yourself will be the briefing, without the vital players the game will win the second it's started. Each of the six players has their own, unique briefing conveyed by conversation amongst the main characters.

I will see the rest of the map. Did you protect it well? You should.

T

True Scorn

I protected it with StarForge. Not the best, I'm sure, but Uberation nearly destroyed my map for some reason and my backup almost didn't work after that. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get on SC for the next week or two, but I'll do my best.

V

victimchild

I will only open it with your permission. I can't put it on Bnet anyways, because I have port problems. I just want to see how it's made.

T

True Scorn

Go ahead and open it then, I would post the unprotected version but I don't have access to my computer for the next week. My main concern really wasn't the triggers being stolen (As there are a lot of them, and many took me days to set up) but the storyline.

It is based off a work I'm very close to finishing, I'm just afraid of the names and such being taken. Anyhow, I do have overwhelming evidence if anyone tries to steal my story, (which is poorley represented in the SC map, but represented all the same)

Again, be my guest. I'd like to see what you make of my extensive triggers and such.

V

victimchild

Great map!

Great map! You won't have to worry about me stealing it, and I have no friends that play Starcraft, so I won't send it to anyone.

Do you comment your triggers? What editor did you use?

I would recommend commenting your triggers from now on, because with that many triggers, it is hard to find one in particular.

L

LazyCoder

Most map protectors remove the trigger comments. Are all the locations numbered, not named? That is a sure sign of it.

V

victimchild

Yeah, and that really stinks. I think OSMAP has a feature that allows you to restore the comments, but I don't know how that works. The funny thing about using Starforge to protect maps is that, whenever the map theif tries to open the locations menu, it kills whatever mapmaker program that is running. I found a way around this though. You have to put the map through Scmdraft first, and then open it with the other program.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.