Vortex Assistance.

Yuri Sennin

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Yuri and I am in the, slow, process of creating multiple maps. In one of such map I have a unit that has the ability to control the direction and force of gravity. As such I was going to give said unit an ultimate to create a black hole. Now, the ability is pretty much already made for me, I just need assistance adjusting a few things, I wasn't able to figure out myself or by searching on the web. Primarily I want the Vortex ability to do DoT equaling a total amount of 300 damage to every unit caught within, as in both enemy and ally. Would anyone be able to give me a quick run down of the process, or maybe able to direct me to the right place to find out how to do this? Thank you in advance.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
In the Vortex ability there is a behaviour called Mothership - Vortex Event Horizon which is applied to units trapped in the vortex every 0.0625 seconds. The easiest way to make the Vortex to do damage would be to attach a damage effect to this behaviour.

To do this, first create your damage effect. Remember that this damage effect will be applied to the target every 0.0625 seconds, meaning if you want to do a total of 300 damage and vortex lasts 20 seconds, you need to enter 0.9375 into the Combat: Amount property of the damage effect.

Next you need to attach the damage effect to the behaviour mentioned above. So find the Mothership - Vortex Event Horizon behaviour and select your damage effect for the Effect: Effect - Initial (this will make the first damage be applied the unit enters the vortex) and Effect: Refresh Effect (this will make the damage effect be applied every time the behaviour gets reapplied to the unit) properties.

Hopefully that makes sense and you can follow it. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain further.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That made so much sense that I, who have never used the Galaxy Editor or played SC2 beyond beta, could understand it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.