Tool W3 Tooltip Creator

Nantuko_Husk

Reaction score
W3 Tooltip Creator is a program that will help mapmakers creating tooltips.
The program features Rich Text Editor, Tabbed Interface, Own file format ( .TCF for normal files and .TPR for project files ), Creation of Warcraft 3 codes from rich text and vice versa , Ability to rapidly create hero level descriptions, Tooltip Previewer, Create tooltips in warcraft-like interface, Gradient text support, Tray Icon, Color Picker, Ability to edit and save Warcraft III map custom strings.

New version 1.5:thup:

screenshotsh8.jpg

Project is now open source. Download from : http://ttcreator.sourceforge.net

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Did you make this yourself? If you didn't, well, I don't think that's allowed.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Did you make this yourself? If you didn't, well, I don't think that's allowed.

From the "helpme" file:
helpme said:
W3 Tooltip Creator is a program developed by Aldo Mateli ( Nantuko Husk ) which helps Warcraft 3 developers create in-game tooltips and messages.
Nantuko Husk is the name of the account that posted this.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I believe he did make so don't be so rough on him!! +rep

how does the ability section work i don't get it :D

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I believe he did make so don't be so rough on him!! +rep

how does the ability section work i don't get it :D
I just could have sworn I saw something like this somewhere else. Anyway, great tool :thup:

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
It's the very best tooltip tool I've seen so far. And can help for any other colored strings as well. Already +Rep you at wc3c... but won't hurt you :)

Nantuko_Husk

Reaction score
Well... I'm the creator of this tool, so it aint "stolen" or w/e :D

Ofc such tool has been done before. And i checked a few tooltip creators. but i think this one surpasses them in terms of features.

Edit: bah, too slow x_x

what's slow yo ?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
As the guy in hive said, if you could add a previewer beside it, it could be far nicer than the current...

Hehe ;)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
As the guy in hive said, if you could add a previewer beside it, it could be far nicer than the current...

Hehe ;)

The text editor is the preview. ;)

It is WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get)

It is a rich-text editor I think so it probably doesn't really "need" a preview since it is already practically a preview. :p

I tested it out and it is great! It is a really easy program and it has a nice UI. The tools in there are very useful.

Nantuko_Husk

Reaction score
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=82620

That is probably what you've seen before.

And it is kind of common. :rolleyes:

But nice job, I like the interface and it has useful tools...

lol.. that was the first version of the same tool... I just havent updated it at hiveworkshop yet...

notice account name that posted it on hive, notice software name ? I'd say they are identical :D

EDIT :

Hehe

as PurgeandFire said whatever you see in the "Editor" tab is the preview of what it is gonna look like in game

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
as PurgeandFire said whatever you see in the "Editor" tab is the preview of what it is gonna look like in game

Not true. The tooltip boxes are a lot thinner than the one in the editor, so it would be much thinner and a lot longer in game.

Nantuko_Husk

Reaction score
in terms of colors...

sry for double post but felt like posting that I've already started coding the options to allow creation of gradient text :D

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
This doesn't help me to do ASCII-art in my tooltips at all :(:(:(:(

na, dont need ASCII for tool tips :p

But a feature to see how it looks if its done would be nice anyway (so you see when its time for a new line)

Nantuko_Husk

Reaction score
I'm actually working on that.. all I need to have is the damned warcraft 3 in-game font and it's all done.

for the moment the previewer is the Editor :p (which is not bad btw :D )

EDIT :

I've partially coded the feature which will preview tooltips in a warcraft-like interface. It's not perfect but it's damn close. Still if any of you can tell me the name of the font W3 uses i'll be happy to use that one instead :D

oh and btw the font on the program looks a bit "ugly" because I dont use ClearType on my PC. If you have it enabled It will look better.

Attachments

• tooltippreviewer.jpg
    tooltippreviewer.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 636
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.