Tool W3Colorpicker (& Tooltip Creator)

kleinerhauck

Reaction score
Homepage: www.christopherhauck.de
(Click on the british flag in the navigation menu corner to change language to English)

The program at least works on Win XP and Win Vista, but should also run on other Windows versions.

Description:
This program is a colorpicker, gradient creator and tooltip creator in one.
It also can save colors and is "minimizeable" (see screenshots on my HP) which makes it very useful when working with W3 or graphic programs.
(The program is displayed as small sidebar then)

Features:
- Can overlay the standard w3-window for creating tooltips with the colorpicker tooltip edit field automatically, no more typing in |cff... anymore!
- Language can be set to English and German
- RBG- Hexadecimal- and HTML-values
- Pick colors from a scheme or directly from your screen
- Tray icon instead of taskbar entry
- Minimizeable --> can be used in combination with other graphic programs like photoshop to remember colors
- You can easily save your favorite colors to use them throughout your map or your homepage
- Automatically colors or gradient-colors your texts with up to 3 different colors.
Also works for BB Code! :-)
- Can automatically check the program version. (If there is a new one, you can download it with 1 click)
- You can create links to maps, websites, folders, ... in the popup menu
- The program contains a comfortable tooltip creator with instant preview and rich edit

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Colorpicker1.jpg
    Colorpicker1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Colorpicker.zip
    387.2 KB · Views: 293

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Cool Program. It is easy to use:)(When learned that is)
It took me a little while to get around to the basics:)
Bit it looks neat and it is wonderful, actually just what I have been looking for aswell:thup:

Keep up the good work:thup:
+rep from me:)

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
isn't there already a program like this that has some preset colors from clancbs?

Nice work though. I guess if you're in desperate need and this is the only one you have then it works.

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait. Why does the interface in the screenshot look like the Mac OS X interface? Now i'm confused.

Anyways, it's a nice program and i'm sure it can be useful for people who can't remember the color codes. :)

kleinerhauck

Reaction score
Well I know there are many Colorpickers already. When I made the first version of this I just wanted to improve my programming skills.
And since I found it to be very useful (especially saving colors) I worked a bit more on it and there it is ;-)

As for the interface:
I'm using WindowBlinds for Windows...
(I prefer having the buttons on the right side ;-)

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/
Free Download

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.