Wait in loops?

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that loops doens't work if you have waits in them.
Is there any other way I can do to use loops and still be able to wait 0.04sec for each loop?... Without havint to turn on a trigger and then turn it off after 1sec

Reaction score
Not possible otherwise.
Besides, the normal [ljass]PolledWait()/TriggerSleepAction()[/ljass] has a minimum wait value of around 0.20, so even if you specify to wait for 0.04 seconds, it won't wait for that short. The periodic trigger/timer is the most accurate.

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Not possible otherwise.
Besides, the normal [ljass]PolledWait()/TriggerSleepAction()[/ljass] has a minimum wait value of around 0.20, so even if you specify to wait for 0.04 seconds, it won't wait for that short. The periodic trigger/timer is the most accurate.

okay... Do you know if it works with the "GUI-Friendly Damage Detection"? :)

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Not possible otherwise.
The shortest wait is 0.00 seconds, it's for other reasons that a wait is inaccurate. Use timers if you need accuracy.

Read how to create loops with waits in this tutorial.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
actually it depends on what you want to do with that loop, basically loops work with waits its just some actions inside the loops which might give other results as espected because global variables might have changed.

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
thanks everyone... I went on the "turn trigger on" -way... XD
Why I asked about the loopthing was cause I have tried it before with waits in it, and then it didn't work... And I didnt thing GDD would work if I made "turn on trigger"... but it did... Thanks all :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.