Wanna contribute to a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I've started my next project, a rather large project. I working on some detailed code and cool ideas, but its so much to think up, I considered posting this thread.

Really, I just need ideas and suggestions. I have a LOT, but.... i need more. Of course, credit given for anything used. If you wanna post something, be specific.

6-7 Character classes
RPG style (sorc, rogue, paladin, druid, necro, summoner, whatever). I have ideas for a couple characters. Like the paladin, with the classic frost aura, hand of god, etc. The necro, with his summonings, and a true-site type thing to see ghosts and puzzles.

Characters also need unique abilities (skills?). I can code just about anything and make it work. Posion, auras, healing, whatever. 5 each of course, maybe 5 levels each?

Items and Item sets
Some base items, and some special unique items with neat abilities. Then the item sets. Combination of 3 items = 1 good item. 2 for casters, 2 for melee, 2 for ranged. Maybe more if I can get enough ideas.

Can be D2 inspired. I already stole some elements. But this is not a lamo D2 mockup.

Necromancer
-
-Animate Soul (Ressurect a creep from ground)
-Soul Covet (deals damage to a living target, and living units surrounding)
-Will o' the Wisp (dunno yet)
-

Astral Mage
-Astral Form (etheral, gains true sight)
-Chain Phoenix Fire :)
-Siphon Spirit (regens life from enemies)
-
-

Arch Mage
-Arcane Studies (mana and health for each kill)
-
-Lightning Ward
-Orb of Chaos
-Stampede Variation

Paladin
-Blessed Equip ( armor and attack bonus to nearby allies for a period of time)
-
-Cold Aura (freezes and slows nearby, passive,small aoe)
-Hand of Justice (damages all nearby undead units)
-Purification (gains bonus for each unit killed, wears off over time, drains mana)

Rogue (bowazon)
-Stealth mode (windwalk maybe)
-Guided arrow (targeting, jumps targets)
-Dodge and Evade (passive)
-Passive Skills (attack, agil)
-Multiple Shot (Passive, chance to fire)

Thats a lot of passives. I't would be nice if one was replaced with a casting spell. Like attack and agil for a period of time.

Beserker
-Enrage (temporary speed and damage)
-Resistant skin (reduces magic damage)
-Double swing (chance to hit on a target twice)
-
-

I'd like to get 2-4 of each basic item type also.
Cloaks
Satanic Cloak - Attack rate and Vamp aura (personal)
Planar Cloak: Reduces magic damage delt
Shoes
Winged Shoes: Movement speed and 'sprint' ability
Gloves)
Poison Gauntlets - Slow Poison attacks
Jewelry
Necklace of Heavens - Adds major attribs
Moon Amulet - Intel Bonus greater
Casters Amulet - Intel Bonus
Theives Ring - Adds invis
Faithfull Ring - Major Armor bonus
Ring of Defiance - Evasion

Weapons
Deathmourn: Chaos damage, adds x damage, and attack speed
Bonus
Orb of Endurance: Adds armor and health regen
Orb of Flames: Bonus fire splash damage, ability to cast flamebolt

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I've got a few you might like.

Rogue

Stealth mode - Nothin to special, but an ability which allows the Rogue to go invisible, but instead if he or she or whatever gets near anyone, the sleath dissapears.

Perhaps a passive ability which increases her attack and dexerity (Diablo style Dexterity) when using ranged weapons? Since a Rogue is a stealthy assasin trained in the arts of projectile weapons, it's only fitting to do so.

Maybe a potion that takes a few ingredients, then can be hurled onto a point which explodes poisoning any nearby units?

A spell that when you target an enemy, you move instantly pass them a few inches dealing damage to them.

Even if it is a Diablo II spell, it still is cool and fun, an arrow-splitting ability? I say, even if you are taking ideas from various places, it doesn't matter as long as your not steqaling the whole thing, and if t's good in your game or map, then friggin use it.
-------

That's it for now for characters, but you could use a system called Feats or whatever, which is a system for each class that boosts there various points dpending on how many puzzles they accomplished or something like that.

T

thomasareed

SD_Ryoko said:
I have ideas for a couple characters. Like the paladin, with the classic frost aura, hand of god, etc. The necro, with his summonings, and a true-site type thing to see ghosts and puzzles.

Why stick with the "stock" type heros? I'm having fun at the moment designing an RPG map oriented around an ent-like hero who gets awakened by invading humans and orcs, messing up his forest.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh I like that Ethereal form. Mind if I use it? Wouldn't be the exact same thing, and you'd get credits, of course. (Even though your already on the list)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well if you didnt already put in a mode in which you can save and you should make bonus levels that are hard to find that give very unique items.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I love this stuff!

I've read this book (which I will post the title and author of later, if you want to find it) about a special type of magic that's basically 'shadow magic'...This magic is a lot like regular magic, but it uses a power within the mage...However, overuse of this magic corrupts a person who cannot control his or her 'shadow' (dark inner self)...So, I don't know, I've just always thought it was a cool idea, and maybe you can brainstorm a few ideas off of that...Once I find the book in my messy library of a room, I'll read it again and see if I can describe some of the spells...

Also, what about a Bard? If you've ever played Dungeons and Dragons, you'll know what this is, but for those who haven't: It's basically a caster class that uses music to do magic...I was thinking you could make several different 'instruments' (items) that were actually modified 'spell books' so that the Bard's default spells focused on his agility-based fighting, while he had real power in the instruments...Also, make a trigger to restrict other classes from using the instruments, or else the whole class is basically usable by anyone...

Demonologists are another favorite of mine. Sorcerers and even scholars who excel at the study of demons. They can summon demons, control them, and maybe even use a few of their abilities. You could cross the Pit Lord, Demon Hunter, and the Dread Lord abilities and get something new.

Illusionists are another DnD idea. Sorcerers (or wizards, depending on which you prefer) who specialize in casting illusions. Mirror Image, Invisibility, you might want to make a 'Diguise' spell where you make a friendly unit look like a critter until the spell is broken by a spell or attack. (I like that one, really...Very sneaky!) Also, another idea I've wanted to try, but haven't gotten around to (however, feel free to use it) a spell called 'Nightmare' where it does massive amounts of damage to a unit, but it can only affect sleeping units...(Of course, you may want to add Sleep to the Hero as well...)

If you want to sort of nab something off of Harry Potter, do a Dark Arts Wizard...A caster who specializes in spells like Curse, Cripple, stuff like that...Wouldn't be a great 'attacker' Hero, but would be one hell of a support Hero, don't you think?

Blizzard made frost sorcerers (Lich), fire sorcerers (Blood Mage, Fire Lord) and water sorcerers (Arch Mage) but why not a lightning sorcerer? I have something like this in my map, New Age of Warcraft, the Horde's Storm Lord...He has a variation of Forked Lightning, a Summon Lightning Elemental spell, a lightning version of Immolation, and Storm, which is a converted Starfall spell...Also, why not earth sorcerers? Make him summon Rock Golems, or something like that...

A Planar Sorcerer who can great Gates (portal spell) from area to area, turn Astral (or Ethereal, whichever you prefer) and things along that nature...

I'll look through my DnD books, and some of my books (I read a lot of fantasy, so I'm a great source for this kind of stuff :D) and get back to you...

Hope you liked some of that...

DM Cross

Reaction score
Also, I just remembered this...I've posted this idea once before, and I plan on using it myself, just haven't gotten to that point yet, but what about making customizable heroes? Interested? Huh? ;) Come on, you know you wanna know more!

Well, anyway...What if you had a hero that goes up to, say, level 20...Now, that's enough for 1 ult, with 3 levels...and 3 other spells with about 6 levels each, right? Well, the idea is, instead of making 3 spells with 6 levels, make 3 spells with 10 levels...people will take more of whatever spell they want...let's use a blizzard hero for an example:

Demon Hunter...Let's say all his spells goes up to 10th level.
Level 1: Immo
Level 2: Evasion
Level 3: Immo2
Level 4: Evasion2
Level 5: Immo3
Level 6: Metamorph
Level 7: Immo4
Level 8: Evasion4
Level 9: Immo5
level 10: Evasion 4

Now, that's just til level 10, and you can already see that THIS Demon Hunter specializes in Evasion and Immolation, with a stronger Immo then Evade...Personally, I don't like Immolation, so I would build an Evasion/Mana Burn Demon Hunter...Then, make a trigger so that when Heroes reach level 20, they lose the 'gain ability' button, that way they don't have a button they can't use...It'll make games more interesting, because with just ONE hero type, there are tons of possibilities...Some people will specialize in these two, some in those two, some will spread their points around...There really are no limits to all the things you could do...

Just thought that might interest you :)

-edit-

when i read what phryex said, i got an idea for a great demonologist ability: control demon...make an ability based off control magic, but instead of controlling a summon, make it castable on the 'demon' race...not sure if that can work, but i'm sure you could do it :D the higher level he is, the more mana he is, and maybe you could make a ratio...like for every 1 point of mana, you can control 10 hit points, and change it with the levels...might be hard work, but trust me, that would be awesome... though, to balance it, you might want to make him weak like the Arch Mage or the Lich...

I'm having WAY too much fun with this :D

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Bard
Great thought! A bard can have 'song' magic for abilities. One ability could be spellbook, with various songs inside. What these many songs do? I have no idea. Would they ALL be songs? Maybe half of them. I never played much DND. I don't like the concept of one person making up the whole game - LOL. Bard bard bard....where do I remember a bard from... umm....oh yes! A 286 game called 'dragon something' on 720k floppies. A bard in the group increased overall happines and moral.

There will be plenty of lightning to go around! The paladins hand of god , damages undead, lightning effects. A lightning caster? Maybe. LIghtning has been kind of....overplayed... throughout WC3's history. It would be cool to have a caster with lightning attacks and spells. Like Razor from all stars.

Maybe the necros magic weakens him, as suggested 'dark' magic.

Sorcerer with Lightning ward? and Orb of chaos (ward type spell)?

I'd also like to take advantage of the new abils, like the lava spawns and other things. I can code just about anything.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Hey, look up!

Not sure if ya saw it, but look at the customizable hero idea! :D me and a friend of mine came up with that, and i think it's really good...though, you don't have to use it...

In reference to the Bards, they tend to be support...and i would think most of their spells would be channeling spells...or something long lasting, like rejuvenation, and you could just say the casting time takes awhile, whatever works for ya! :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well here's my Paladin ability suggestions:

Blessed Equipment -- Grants a small armor and attack bonus to nearby allies as well as himself for a limited amount of time.

Holy Aura -- A VERY weak activatable thorns aura that does damage to the attacking units. Obviously, it needs "holy graphics" and activating it slowly takes all of the Paladin's mana.

Purification -- Through battle, Paladin purifies himself into a stronger warrior. Namely, he gains an x seconds +y attack boost per enemy killed. If he kills another unit before the x seconds is over, the x seconds reset and the attack boost increases by y times the level of Purification.

Sword of Justice -- A gigantic sword (I don't know how you want to do this. Maybe impale, maybe something custom) comes out of the ground/out of thin air and stabs through the enemy dealing a high amount of damage while giving him holy burn, which makes his attacks slower by 5% (doesn't change for any leveling) and damaging him over time.

And there should be a Dwarven Berzerker!

Anger -- Every time the Berzerker is attacked he has an x% chance of getting bonus damage of y.

Charge -- The Berzerker backs a way a few paces before turning around and charging up his, well, Charge. After x seconds, he bursts forward damaging every enemy unit in his path. Unfortunately, this usually puts him further into the enemy army, so he might need rescuing afterward.

Outburst -- Berzerker rapidly pounds the ground to create many tremors, hurting the unit less and less as the tremors go by. Finally, the Berzerker pounds the ground a final time which sends the surrounding units up in the air for slightly more damage than the initial pound. When the units land they're stunned for 1 second.

Outrage -- The Berzerker goes into a complete fury dealing cleaving damage (damage to multiple people, but I'm sure you know that) and attacking a bit faster. At the end of the Outrage, the Berzerker loses control of himself and releases a scream that causes all of the enemies to run away for a few seconds before returning. The Berzerker himself is quite drained, attacking at a pretty slow speed.

M

me.

Ability idea for a Warrior hero:
increase attack damage and hp temporarily but drain mana (activate/deactivate like immolation)

Ability for Mystical Hero:
drain mana and heal half hp (ie: drain 2000mana for 1000hp) or something like that

Ability for Cunning Hero
Split hero into 2 lesser form of himself (like 1 Blademaster would become 2 blademasters with lesser hp or whatever.)

Ability for Summoning Hero:
copy an enemy unit and summon an exact copy of it to attack the summoner's enemies, cannot be casted on heroes or creeps above level 5. (or something cool like that =D)

Ability for Stealth Hero:
set down a transport ward. when in danger, cast this ability to be instantly transported back to that ward. destroyes the ward after you have been transported.

Ability for Confounding Hero:
Turns confounding hero invisable for 60 seconds, and summons an illusion in its place, rendering the enemy thinking the real you is an illusion.

there are just a few cool idea's i jsut though up right here.

B

Bugzi

ryoko i would like to talk you in private to give you out my idea about your idea. Im a machine of idea and i really like rpg, i have like 5 mmorpg so i could help u a lot ;)!

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Ability for Confounding Hero:
Turns confounding hero invisable for 60 seconds, and summons an illusion in its place, rendering the enemy thinking the real you is an illusion.

I especially like this one. If I ever wanted to use this, would you mind? Naturally I'd give you credit.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Oh, heheh. I don't play DOTA so I wouldn't know. I still think it's a cool ability though.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ryoko, you wouldn't happen to know how to open a protected map, would ya? (if you need me to explain, i will, don't worry, i'm not stealing anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.