Want some hero ideas?

keychup

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm just making up some heroes for a map I'm working on. If you need some ideas or if you think you can help me balance out the heroes i already have then welcome. For others, well, hi.

If you need an ability with a specific effect, scroll down the list and see if any of my heroes have an ability similar to the one you want. i could help you figure out how to do them.

Useful Stuff
: (What I learned while making these heroes)
- How to make units dash or get knocked down cliffs but not up cliffs.
- How to make units stop dashing or getting knocked back if they hit an indestructible destructible.
- Instead of adding units to a dash/knockback group, I learned that i can give the unit an ability with no icon so i can use the condition "If Level of Ability for Unit is Greater than 0" to determine whether the unit is dashing/getting knocked back or not.
- How to fix a problem where dummy units do not cast Carrion Swarm/Shockwave spells because the target point happens to be unpathable.
- How to combine periodic events and buffs to make cool stuff happen.
- How to make destructibles die as though they have an expiration timer on them.

keychup

Reaction score
Current Heroes: (And yes, The abilities are completed)
Tauren Chieftain (A real pushover)
-Shockwave: Sends shockwaves in 3 random angles. Each deals 20/30/40 damage and knocks back enemies by 1 space each. Overlaps 1 to 2 spaces in front of you.
-Vertical Slam: Slams axe on enemy, stunning it for 2 seconds and knocking it back 2 spaces. Deals 150/250/350 damage but you take 75/125/175 damage as recoil.
-Raging Bull: Rage for 3/5/7 seconds. Doubles your attack speed and movement speed. 25% chance to knockback enemies who attack you when they are 2 spaces close to you then stun for 2 seconds.
-Quake Stomp: Deals 100 damage to nearby foes. Deals 40 damage per second for 10 seconds after using this ability.

Far Seer (Weapon, orbs of lightning.)
-Tri-Thunder: Sends 3 orbs of lightning (left, right and front). Deals 15/30/45 damage each. Overlaps 1 to 2 spaces in front of you.
-Volt Orb: Summons a greater orb of lightning. (Deals 20/40/60 damage per second, reduces enemy movement speed by 50%, reveals invisible units, lasts 10 seconds)
-Overcharge: Increases attack speed by 10/20/30% and movement speed by 5/10/15%. Summons a lesser orb of lightning if you hit an enemy with Tri-Thunder or Bolt Wave. (Deals 10/20/30 damage per second, reduces enemy movement speed by 25%, reveals invisible units, lasts 10 seconds)
-Bolt Wave: Sends 7 orbs of lightning. Each are spread 2.5 spaces apart and deal 300 damage.

Frost Shaman (Blocks your way with barriers of ice.)
-Ice Hall: Traps enemies between 2 walls of ice which last 10 seconds. Deals 75/125/175 damage to units in a line.
-Ice Shards: Can be turned on/off. Creates 4 shards per second around you and sends them to damage enemies in front of you. Each deals 10/20/30 damage. Costs 10 mana per second
-Frost Shaver: Allows you to dash 6 spaces forward. Enemies you come into contact with are frozen for 2/3/4 seconds.
-Ice Wall: Creates an arced wall in front of you. The wall is longer if this spell is cast farther away. Enemies standing where the wall is formed take 350 damage and are frozen for 5 seconds.

Incinerator
(Likes setting the field on fire.)
-Fire Column: Deals 25/50/75 damage to units in an area.
-Blaze Wave: Deals 50/100/150 damage to units in a line. The missile travels across the target point from a random angle.
-Burning Shield: Dashes up to 6 spaces forward. Enemies you come into contact with take 75/150/225 damage.
-Incinerate: Whenever you cast a spell your attack damage is increased by 1 stage (max.10). Each stage increases attack damage by 10%. Depending on the spell cast you create ground fire on parts of the ground. Fire Column creates Ground Fire on the affected area. Blaze Wave creates Ground Fire where the wave travels. Burning Shield creates Ground Fire where you dash over.

NBalfa

Reaction score
for far seer:
name :unknown
targets: allies,enemies, self, only heroes
if casted on an allie or self then it creates an electric charge around the target for 5 sec , every sec you will have dummys to cast chain lightning to heroes within 300 range (1 chain and about 10-25 damage) and the heroes only will be slowed
if casted on an enemy then a buff stays on the target for 5 sec. and every sec a thunder will strike the enemy and the enemy unit shall be stunned for 0.1 sec

keychup

Reaction score
for far seer:
name :unknown
targets: allies,enemies, self, only heroes
if casted on an allie or self then it creates an electric charge around the target for 5 sec , every sec you will have dummys to cast chain lightning to heroes within 300 range (1 chain and about 10-25 damage) and the heroes only will be slowed
if casted on an enemy then a buff stays on the target for 5 sec. and every sec a thunder will strike the enemy and the enemy unit shall be stunned for 0.1 sec
Hmm, not bad but the unknown ability is a 1-level special ability. Any ideas to show characteristics of electricity? Thunderbolt is an example of how painful electricity could be (damage). Recharge shows how you can restore your mobile's battery by transferring electricity from a power source (HP is the battery, MP is the power source). Lightningrod shows how electricity passes through wires, thus causing the transfer of energy (damage is the energy that connects one unit to you, the wire is made when you and the enemy connect).

NBalfa

Reaction score
well this spell I told u is supposed to be that lvl 1 ability
it has to do with static electricity but because the volt number is greater then it has the effect of chain lightning
while on the other hand, when casted on an enemy unit you are supposed to remove most of the e- of the enemy unit so all that remains is p+, the static electricity reacts with the clouds!!!

keychup

Reaction score
well this spell I told u is supposed to be that lvl 1 ability
it has to do with static electricity but because the volt number is greater then it has the effect of chain lightning
while on the other hand, when casted on an enemy unit you are supposed to remove most of the e- of the enemy unit so all that remains is p+, the static electricity reacts with the clouds!!!

then that's great. im gonna tweak it a little to make it more competitive with the other 3 previous heroes.

EDIT:
Check it out:
Ability: Discharge
Effect: Afflicts a foe with a static charge for up to 5 seconds. This ability decreases the target's DEX and SPD by 50%. When the duration ends, or if it is dispelled, the target and nearby units will take damage and lose MP equal to 10% of all the damage received while the target was afflicted.

NBalfa

Reaction score
1 question what is Dex?
not what it refers to dexterity
what does it have to do with the units

keychup

Reaction score
iv been thinking and i want the far seer's last skill to be passive. something which modifies thunderbolt and utilizes the mana restoring capabilities of the third skill.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could have an activateable ability, that while active changes your 3rd ability passive to cause a small percentage of all damage dealt to be dealt back to surrounding enemies. keep in mind this means all damage you deal all damage the enemies deal all of it added together, is dealt to all enemies in range... i would say 10% of the mana regen so 0.5%/1%/1.5% but drain 5% of your max mana per second
in order to not leak you would HAVE to do this with jass so it may be an issue for you, basically you would need a unit takes damage event to be added to a trigger like below and then destroyed when it is ended, turned off, or the unit leaves the range of the ability

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Here is where you would need a generic unit takes damage event which could be added via jass in another trigger that goes off at map initialization or you could add events and remove them as i said above, but that also requires jass...
    • Conditions
      • Unit has buff (aura buff or one applied through triggers that affects both allies and enemies)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - pick all units within (aura range) matching condition (level of ability for matching unit is greater than or equal to 1) and do actions
        • Loop Actions
          • Unit - Add picked unit to Temp_Grp_1
      • Unit Group - Pick all units in Temp_Grp_1 and do actions
        • Loop actions
          • For Loop Integer A from 1 to (number of units within (aura range) matching condition (owner of matching unit is an enemy of owner of picked unit)) do actions
            • Loop Actions
              • Set Temp_Unit_1 = Random unit matching condition (matching unit within (aura Range of picked unit and owner of matching unit is an enemy of owner of picked unit and matching unit is in unit_grp_2 is false)
              • Trigger - Turn off this trigger
              • Unit - Cause Picked unit to damage Temp_Unit_1 for (damage taken x (0.05 x Level of <ability> for picked unit))
              • Trigger - Turn on this trigger
              • Unit Group - Add Temp_Unit_1 to Unit_Grp_2
          • Custom Script: Calldestroyunitgroup(UDG_Unit_Grp_2)
      • Custom Script: Calldestroyunitgroup(UDG_Unit_Grp_1

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
when you say that can u point out where? just saying it with no basis and no reasoning does not help anyone, tell me where and i will fix it

Smitty

Reaction score
Sorry, I was on shift. Plus I kinda thought it was obvious, my bad. When you ask the game to pick all units not from a group already formed, I believe it leaks. What you should do is to use set (unit group) equal to units in area bla bla bla. I'm pretty sure his is different to picking units then adding themto a group, but you might want to have someone else's opinion as well.

keychup

Reaction score
oh smitty, you're so anxious :p
even if there was a group leak i'd know how to fix it. ^_^

I think this is what i'll go with:
Discharge (Passive)
Increases your SPD by 10%. As long as you have at least 75% MP, Thunderbolt will be able to bounce from one unit to another and cause a 75% SPD reduction for 2 seconds to any affected unit.

Smitty

Reaction score
Meh, just pointing it out. Some people might not spot leaks, and when you say 'even if there was', you mean there isn't? Cos I'm pretty sure that's leaking. I don't doubt your ability to fix it, and I wasn't saying you couldn't. I was just pointing it out in case.

keychup

Reaction score
oh my, i wasn't criticizing. xD
but alright. feel free to express yourself.

Moving On:
Blood Mage
Theme: Fire of course
Gimmick: Power Up, Power consume type

keychup

Reaction score
i replaced the old heroes with these new niftier ones. Inspirations from megaman.

keychup

Reaction score
Is there a proper forum for me to post this thread and not feel guilty about possibly breaking a rule which may or may not exist? where do projects go?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.