Want to make an RPG?

Owner123

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to make an RPG. The problem is, after looking at others' terrains and map, I realized just how bad I am at it. I'm looking for someone who can do terrain and can make ideas with me. I'm a programmer, and will code.
Is anyone interested? I'm open to any idea at this point, so if you have a specific type of RPG in mind, I'd almost surely go along with it. We could discuss ideas and what the rpg will be like if someone wants to join me.

Owner123

What can I start with? I'm looking for a terrainer after all :\

I programmed a few systems: leveling, SP, backpack, and job up. I guess I can post those if it would convince someone o.o. I'm not going to devote a bunch of time if no one's going to help me.

vypur85

Hibernate
> I'm looking for a terrainer after all
You have to understand that WC3 is no longer as popular as it used to be.
You may not get the support that you want.
A proper game doesn't really require an awesome terrain. Just something temporary will suffice.

> I'm not going to devote a bunch of time if no one's going to help me.
Then I guess you might as well don't start at all.
You sound unconvincing. It's hard to get help if you're not convinced yourself.
Of course, overconfidence is a problem too....

> I guess I can post those if it would convince someone
Well, at least something playable if possible.
As I said, awesome terrain isn't all that important.
People will come eventually if your game is good.

Owner123

I think it is - I won't play games if the terrain looks terrible. Anyways, I've started working on something else, continuing a game the maker quit from. The terrain's already beautiful there. So, this can be closed.

Conor

Some advice for you: You're much more likely to get interest if you have something playable. When you have the core systems setup, then you can make a basic map to show off the systems you have.

Even if you feel your terraining skills arent up to snuff to make a map you are happy with for the final product, having a playable version is a must if youre looking for other people to be interested.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.
    Just noticed there's a delay of at least 2 minutes before each post. Guess I can't post Headline News quickly as I used to.
    As far as I can tell, there are definitely things I need to get accustomed to first.
  • Varine Varine:
    FCC is cracking down recently

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop