Want to start drawing on the computer

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
I always have ideas that would make really cool pictures. With pen and paper I'm not that great of a drawer, so I'm hoping I try to draw using the PC. I'm wondering what program you recommend for doing this? I have photoshop, but I don't really use it much, but I don't really want to cut images from other pictures rather than making a new image from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Macromedia Flash

and you can get a tablet which lets you use a pen to draw into the PC

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Hmm I have Flash too, but I think all my drawings turn out more cartoony then I actually want them. Is it just my settings, or is this the way pictures turn out on flash?

sqrage

Reaction score
Wark said:
Hmm I have Flash too, but I think all my drawings turn out more cartoony then I actually want them. Is it just my settings, or is this the way pictures turn out on flash?
it's the way you draw. some people make cartoony stuff in flash others make realistic things in flash. so iguess it's pretty much whichever style you work on more.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Things in flash can look anything but cartoony, what flash does is whenever you draw something, it doesn't pixelate or turn into something out of paint.

IMO, Flash is highly recommended for what your aiming at, if you want to make things like signatures/wallpapers/backgrounds etc, Fireworks/Photoshop are both my choice :).

~Jindo

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
I generally don't use Flash for illustrations, but I'm sure it works fine. :)

What I use is a mix between Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Illustrator for the basic shapes and gradients, and Photoshop for added textures and enhanced perspective.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Just for making pictures I use Macromedia Fireworks or Freehand. And if you want, you can make pics in Fireworks or Freehand then import them to the Flash Document.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Chile said:
What I use is a mix between Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Illustrator for the basic shapes and gradients, and Photoshop for added textures and enhanced perspective.

Im with Chile
icon14.gif
I <3 PS!

Z

Zero R.

I pretty much use Flash to make things that you couldn't find on Google. Then transport to Photoshop to refine it.

And I highly reccomend a tablet. Cause, well... tablets enhance your 1337 h@x0r computer drawing skillz by using a pen to draw things! Or something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.